Dough bait question for you ole pro's

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by osageCo_flathead, May 30, 2007.

1. osageCo_flathead

osageCo_flathead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    When I was a kid an old man gave my mom a recipe for dough balls that was nothing short of great for channels and blues. I cant remember the entire concoction so I am hoping you guys can fill in the blanks. It started out by adding cotton seed meal into a 5 gallon clear water bottle (like the refillable bottles for the water dispensers) and set it in the sun until the water spoils...you know its "right" when the cotton seed meal rises to the top. Then you add flower and ONE other ingredient that I have no clue what it was....my mom cant remember as well. I grew up on Lake Eufaula in a place named Arrowhead Estates near the Arrowhead state Lodge outside of Canadian Ok....it has nothing to do with the subject other than maybe someone else from that area knows what I am talking about LOL!

Also...where is a good place to begin looking for cotton seed meal? Thanks in advance for any and all responses.......Billy

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i would use garlic and limburger cheese that would make an excellent bait (like mine)
    u can find cottonseed meal at any feed store