Dough bait? - How do you make it stay on the fishing hook?

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by R. D. Hilton, Apr 16, 2006.

1. R. D. Hilton

R. D. Hilton Active Member

State:
    tx
    what ingredients do you use in the dough part of the bait to make it stay on a hook ? thanks

2. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Many things can be used in the dough of a bait. like powdered cheese, graded sharp chedder cheese, shad oil along with many other things.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Try using cattail fuzz. Take the brown thingy that looks like a dark brown hot dog, break it apart, and you'll get more fuzz than you'd believe by looking at it. Since the fibers are relatively long, they make the dough/punch bait hold together.

4. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    I try to keep it simple Ronnie. I carry two baby food jars in my gear. One has just plain old flour, the other corn meal. I hate fishing for an hour and my bait starts turning to soup. I make my own bait, ball and dip. I'd never get in my boat without both in my box. Someone else suggested cat tail. I agree 100%, good stuff. If you find your bait won't come out of the jar or can just add a small amount of water that you are fishing in. As far as the cat tail when you find some, pick four or five tops and throw them in a zip lock bag, they last (?) That stuff is tuff to get off the boat too!Don To the world you may be just a person, but to a person you may be the world.

5. Boogie68MHS

Boogie68MHS New Member

State:
    Tovey, IL
    I've used cat tail for a long time - works great.

See my thread on - Keep your bait on the hook.

6. JohnC

JohnC New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like the cattail idea. By the way,this is a great site!

John