double your catch

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by recordbreakin1, Aug 5, 2008.

1. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I recently added a rattle to my fishing line.I set it out and every 2 to 3 minutes i would shake my line a little even tried it on a cork with a carolina rig and man did it make a difference.I caught more fish on the ones that had the rattle then the ones that didn't.I got the rattles at Acadamy for 2 bucks.

2. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    WHAT EXACTLY ARE THESE RATTLES YOU SPEAK OF? I WANNA TRY THEM IF IT WILL DOUBLE MY CATCH. POST A PIC IF YOU CAN.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Mo i think he is talking about the "saltshakers", we use them below a cork w/shrimp in the bay for trout , it rattles when you jerk the line a little bit to alert the fish, it's a little tube w/bb like balls in it that you thread the line through before you tie on your hook...

4. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Mo they are little glass bulb with 2 bb's in them.I cut about a 1 inche piece of a drinking straw and place it inside of it then I put a safety pin at the end and attached it to my line.I will get some pics up as soon as possible.I went out last night though from about 9 pm to 11 pm and I only caught 2 channels in the 1# range.All I had for bait though was weenies soaked in garlicand red koolaid.I never used it before so I thought I would give it a try.It will catch fish but I would not recommend it.Other natrual baits that I fish with do alot better for me.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    [​IMG]try these thy are cheap & you can get them @ academy or anywhere else!!!!!

6. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Never thought to use a rattle for catfish but am going to try it when I get back in town. That's what I like about this place somebody is always sharing what they have learned by trial and error. Thanks!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jessee thanks for the tip. I've used rattles in bass fishing for years to attract bass. It has worked very well. Never thought of using it on cats. Should work.

8. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Years ago for noise we used glass beads on our line above the weight for channels. This reminds me I should try the old trick again... Thanks!

9. brother terry

brother terry New Member

State:
    texas
    I love the idea going in the morning and give it a try...

10. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i wish i would have tried it this morning. we only caught 3 channels in 5 hours of fishing. it was very slow. it still is a lot better than working.