Double file restart at Pocano

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by smokey, Jun 1, 2009.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Micky let it slip tonight on NASCAR tonight, that they will have dubble file restarts at Pocano this weekend. I for one think that will be a good thing for racing.
    smokey

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here's the latest from Jayski.com on the double file restarts. BTW,Smokey,I agree with you on the double file restarts.

Double-File restarts at Pocono? NASCAR distributed proposals to crew chiefs regarding possible procedures for double-file restarts which could be introduced as early as Pocono Raceway next week. The proposal states all starts will be double file. The race leader will have his choice of which lane to use for the restart. The third-place car will always start in the inside lane. There will be no changes in the free pass or "lucky dog," and cars that are one lap down can choose not to pit, therefore regaining a lap during a caution. The new rule appears to be a work in progress but Pocono is a 2.5-miler with plenty of space and opportunity to figure it out.

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I like the double file restart,im all for it,let the leaders race without having to fight lap traffic or get caught up in a wreck a lap car caused by trying to get a lap back.Plus i never liked single file starts anyway.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i think its a good move. tired of the lap traffic getting in the way. after the 1st and second place cars gets buy the rest usually get held up.

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    The double file restarts were awesome. Great move on Nascar's part for a change.

Who would have thought this time last year that Stewart-Haas Racing would be 1st and 4th in the standings?

6. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I do have a concern about what will happen on small tracks.I think it will call for more yellow flag laps to get the cars in line.
    smokey

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Well poor old Jeff said that the Df starts were killing him and he would have to work on getting better.Wolfie that would be Stewart-Haas -(Hendricks):big_smile::wink::smile2:I dont think we all realized that essentially they are a satellite team of Hendricks.Now had they gone there own way with no help it would probably be a much different story.Crew members from the 48 and 24 helped the 14 get the backup car ready.Nobodies doing that for Nemechek racing..:roll_eyes::wink::smile2::big_smile::eek:oooh:

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Very true... how can the 14 and 39 be running better than the 88

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Can you say "better drivers".

10. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I was getting ready to say the same thing that you did,Jim. It should say
    Stewart-Haas/Hendrick Motor Sports.

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee

Jim, I thought that was the plan all along.When Mr.H let a winning crew chief go with Tony. Tony going to Chevy was just one more clue.
    smokey

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I am sure it was the plan all along Joe,its just that most of us fans werent that aware of the complete deal until the season actually started and the details came out.Makes me have a lot of respect for MWR because they started without that advantage.:big_smile:Last night the Biff said the outside lane is where everyone wants to be because you have more room to manuver on the restarts.He siad he got caught inside a few times and lost positions because of it.Same thing happened to Gordon.It will take them time to figure it out.Can some of you experts explain to me the penalty when you are caught on pit road when a caution comes out.I dont get that.WHy are you penalized for just making a green flag stop.Doesnt seem fair to me.If thirty cars were on pit road and a caution came out then they would all go to the back?Seems you shouldnt be penalized for something that is quite normal over which you have no control what so ever.:smile2::wink:

13. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    How much you want to bet Gordon will retire (due to back problems) and Stewart will take the #24

14. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Gary, you're killin me! :sad2: If it happens, I'm gonna buy a bunch of NAPA gear and sit on the bench with ol Rollo. :wink:

15. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    That's funny cause I was thinkin to myself the other day, realistically....who would take over the 24 car if Jeff comes to a point where he can't physically do it???? It may not happen anytime soon, but I was wonderin... :)

16. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think Tony is having a good time doing just what hes doing.Heck he even seems to like to talk to the media.

But there will be two perhaps three seats to fill soon. What about JR. going to eather a 3rd car for Tony or Ryan driving for Hendrick.

ohhh I love silly season.
    smokey

17. Dog-dog

Dog-dog New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I like them. No clutter to fight through. I also like the no pit police if you choose. It will also shake things up a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1