Double Bank Rod Holder

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by tbartek, Feb 19, 2007.

1. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    This is the new rod holder I made for fishing from the bank where the ground is too hard to push in regular stakes. It's all aluminum and really sturdy. Unscrews into three pieces.

2. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Second attempt on the picture:angry:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tim keep trying to get the pics. It sounds interesting and would like to see. Thanks.:lol: :big_smile:

4. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Try #3 I resized again. Hopefully this time it works:crazy:

Attached Files:

5. mailhiker

mailhiker New Member

State:
    KY
    I like the looks of that. I only have the type that push in the ground. time to consider someting like that.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's a good lookin double Rod holder! Wish I could find somethin like that in a store. It'd be perfect for where I fish! Reps to ya!:big_smile:

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    looks really good as is but it might be a good idea to add a bar on the bottom to help prevent that sudden snatch over the holder when you least expect it

Attached Files:

8. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    That will work, I have something like that.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27: With Pat!
    I just wish that "Bass Pro Shops" or "Cabela's" had something like that at a good price, I would get one in a second.
    :0a24:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

10. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    PK go to a flea market and see if someone will sell you one of there folding legs that they use for table legs. They look almost identical to that rod holder.

11. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Charles, I thought about that. The problem for me is that I would have a problem getting the rod out to set the hook quickly. I fish mostly at night and if you're not using a baitfeeder its tricky getting that rod out in a hurry.

12. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    That looks great! I bet it will be sturdy too. Wish I could buy one like it somewhere. When I grow up I wanna be able to make neat fishin stuff. :)
    :cool2:

13. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    I was asked to explain how my rodholder was made so here goes. I started with a 7/8" aluminum rod about 15" long. I turned a slot in both ends about 1" wide for the rods to set in. In that rod I drilled and tapped two 3/8-16 holes at a 20 degree angle so the front legs would be spread apart. The center leg is drilled at a 60 degree angle back from the front legs for the tripod effect. The legs are made from 3/8" aluminum rod threaded on one end. The front legs are 34" long and the center leg is 28". This made the holder the proper height to set my rods up at almost a 45 degree angle. It's easier to see the tips at night when they're high enough to catch the light from the lantern. :big_smile:

14. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I reckon I'm the redneck in this forum. I carry 3 shepherd's hooks.

15. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Well I finally got to try out the new rod holder Saturday night. It didn't help me get any fish:sad2: but it worked great!

16. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Thanks for the great idea.
    Bill

17. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Great idea it looks like a good sturdy holder. Thanks

18. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice job.....................

19. pincheweddo

pincheweddo New Member

State:
    Texas
    Then that is all I needed to hear, your rod holder isn't worth squat. I made a real nice one and it has only caught one fish! Would someone post a rod holder that catches fish?:lol: I am sick and tried of these non productive holding contraptions and it is about time they punch their time card and start pulling in some lunkers.

Seriously though, you have given me an idea that would make for a nice holder. :cool2:

20. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Jason, welcome to the BOC:0a25: I hope as the weather starts to get a little better I'll be able to carve a few notches in the old rod holder:big_smile: At least I got two bites on the river, it sat in my living room for a week with narry a nibble:lol: