Dose any know anything about TAI’s/Pen Strokes?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gator, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I am looking for some info on these is plain dumb southern English with out all those 50 million dollar college words with the 5 cent definitions.

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Jim have you looked at webmd? It has a lot of good heath info

3. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
  4. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Thanks ya'll. I am trying to get a understanding as to what they can do and what causes them. There is a lot of info but boy some of these folks spend 4 to 8 years in college just so they can use fancy words.....LOL

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If you mean TIA they are baby strokes. I had several over a few months before I had a major stroke. They are nothing to mess with. If you are having them pay close attention to what your doctor says. I could not stop my big stroke but they have better drugs now. My doctor explained to me it was like having a minor heart attack except it is a brain attack. A family member would sometimes find me sitting and staring out lookng like I was looking through them. At times I would know something was wrong. They would say are you OK and I could not answer. My brain knew the answer and the words were there on the toung but I couldn,t say the words. Most of the time it seemed like everything was in slow motion but I just couldn't do anything, not even move. After some time I would come out of it and be very tired. It sometimes would take a few days to get my strength back. I felt like I had been awake for several days. As they went on the after effects got worse. I started walking funny and running into things just before the major stroke.

Take care

Danny