Do's & Donts!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by CatFuStyle, Apr 7, 2008.

1. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    I seen a few posts and commented on them about paylaking/ crowding of fisherman and so on, so i thought id start this:

Whats everyones Do's and Dont's to fishing: catfishing/baitfishing/etc...

For me i always bring a plastic bag for trash or it goes right back in my cooler
    Bait i dont use is always released or given to someone who is staying longer than me that can use it
    I dont hord in on someone just cause there catching fish

feel free to add as many as you like!!!!

2. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    being polite is a given, i like to feel the people out when i see them, before i even get my gear, i go have a chat with them, ask if they are having any luck etc. ask them if they mind if we fish near or around them, then if they don't have a problem with it, offer them some of my bait. i have found that this is a good way to keep a good vibe going and at times even make friends.

being loud and obnoxious while night fishing is a big DON'T for me. i hate when people do it, and i hate when people do it that are with me. just makes you look bad

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    If you have kids fishing with you ... Keep them undercontrol and don't let them run around kicking other's rods and getting in the way of their casting and fishing in general ... If they can't act civilized ... Take them home .... Garry- :cool2:

4. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    I jug alot in the summer and the biggest don'ts jugging are;

1. don't throw your jugs over someone elses, go up or down river and find your own area.

2. Don't chase or check jugs that are not yours!

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    One do for me is being patient, and Dont is get aggervated when your not catching anything sometimes it may take a while for them to bite

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you are staying the night don't pee where you are going to sleep. If you are in a boat don't pee in it. If someone is fishing close to you don't pee on their chair. Oh yeah don't pee on your self by telling where you caught the big one at...:wink:

7. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    Amen Garry!

I just had to yell at a little kid yesterday. I had been fishing for about an hour and he and his mom walked up right next to me and he cast over one of my lines. I don't know what she thought of me yellin' at him, but I really don't care. She's lucky I didn't get on to her to for not teachin' him any better.

8. keyskevin

keyskevin New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    It's just agrivating when you're out by the water for some peace and quiet (oh yah,and some fishing) and someones' child does something rude and unexceptable in front of their parents, and the parents do nothing about it. It's just like in the grocery store and you have to hear "Mommy, mommy a hundred times before the mother says anything back. They may be able to drown out the little one, but the rest of the world still must deal with it.And by the way, Go Brewers!!!

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well if you wernt at the paylake then you would have had room :smile2:

When I have my boys with me I make sure they know not to go around other peoples poles. I know I get kind of agravated when that happens. My oldest son will go off by himself and my youngest will stay pretty close to me.

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i don't crowd,unless maybe it is a chance to crowd someone that has done it to me in the past:big_smile:
    i don't mind people getting kinda close if the situation calls for it.you might actually learn something from them.2 kids wre laughing at me at deer creek because how much weight i was using and my 9 foot custom striker,until i pulled about a seven pound channel out,then they wanted to be my friend.

last year at rocky fork,one of the bait stores had a picture of some guy with 2 big shovelhead,i believe both were around 40 pounds,hanging from a tree by ropes at the camprground.i would have to say that they were more than likely cleaned since the pic wasn't taken by the lake.to me,that is the worst.a whole lake filled with good eating size channels and they take the big fish.i know they can't taste any better than a 2 to 3 pound channel anyway.need to kick people in the butt to maybe get their common since to start working.

as for the kids part,yeah,i whip my kids when need be.i could put them on time out,but with imagination,they forget they are thee in a couple of minutes.people just don't care like they used to.

and as for trash,it gets thrown in my bucket,which gets put in my explorer,then somehow it reaches the floor,and there it stays.til my wife cleans it or i get tired of hearing her nag about it and i clean it myself :roll_eyes:

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    If in a boat rspect other boaters and adhere to the laws of the water. If ya don't know what they are stay home and work on your boat.:cool2:

Jet skiers are the scurge of the earth. If one decides to keep buzzin ya while anchored up fishin simply do this. Have a good spin castin outfit on board with a 4 or 5 ounce pyramid sinker on it.:wink:

While fishin in a boat do it naked as much as ya can. It keeps folks away from ya and it avoids an uneven tan.:big_smile:

12. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I keep trash bags in my truck gallon. When bank fishing I pick up all my trash, but I make a point to fill at least one bag before I leave. That is the one that makes me the most upset. I don't care if people are a little loud or if they have fires or anything, because they are most likely having fun. PLEASE DON'T LEAVE YOUR TRASH OR LEFT OVER BAIT LAYING AROUND.

14. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    ALWAYS REMEMBER BROTHER OTHER PEOPLES LEFTOVER BAIT SOMETIMES COMES IN HANDY

15. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

16. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.

17. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I just learned something new. I should pee on the jet skiers. :smile2:

18. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    MAKE SURE YOU AIM TO PEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, AND DON'T MISS.
    YELLOW JET SKIERS ( BY I PEE FREELY):smile2::smile2:

MOOSE

19. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    WELL WHEN I WAS A KID I HAD TO GET ON A PARENT. MAN SHE WAS LUCKY I ALL MOST PEEEDE ON HER TOES. SOME PARENTS THINK THEIR TOUGH, UNTILL U PEE ON THEIR TOES. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

MEMBER OF ( STANDING IN YELLOW WATER TRIBE)
    MOOSE
    GOTTA GO NOW

20. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    Dang, I feel left out. I don't have the skills to pee on anyone!:embarassed: