Dorcheat Bayou

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by ar_confederate, Oct 14, 2005.

1. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Well, I haven't seen Dorcheat talked about on here. I finally have some time and with the weather getting a little more tolerable, I'm going to put out some lines tomorrow night. Let you know if I catch anything.

2. mullyden

mullyden New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    I don't know where Dorcheat is located. Hope you get something. We did fairly well around Baton Rouge yesterday.

3. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Well, it was a great weekend for being out. I spent Saturday night out but ran into some problems with the boat. It's an old flat bottom that my Dad had patched. Well, long story short, the patches didn't hold! So, I spent the night with a nice campfire and a couple of lines out from the bank. Just caught some tree roots and a jack fish.

One of these days, I'll find some kind of fishing where I'll actually catch something other than limbs, roots and weeds!! :D

I'll try again soon, with a new boat I think.

4. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    AR Confederate, your profile does not tell where you are from or anything else for that matter, about you, but if you are fishing Dorcheat and you are from Arkansas, you are just a few miles above me. I live in Sarepta La. I use to catfish Dorcheat years ago. I went and bought me a bigger boat just to go to the Red River with. After the first trip to the river, I have never been back to Dorcheat to fish again. The first time I ever fished the river, I caught more fish in one weekend than I had caught all season on the creek. I fish the river the same way I use to fish the creek. I have caught some good catfish out of Dorcheat, but non like what I catch in the river. I know the river is low now, but there is some good fishing up near Gen City Ar. I use to put in by the old Ferry. I have rode that thing a few times to. Oh well, I just thought I would drop a line in here about Dorcheat, I still deer hunt there, just don't fish there any more. Later