Doping your bait with garlic and anise???

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by papabear108, Mar 25, 2009.

1. papabear108

papabear108 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Gentlemen and Ladies, Does using garlic salt on your chicken livers make that big of a difference? Other than garlic and anise, what other types of "doping" agents do you recommend? last question, would using these herbs on stored cut bait produce results?

Thanks,
    Brian "BEAR" Lantz

2. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Can't say about theAnise,but I can use Garlic on bait and catch fish when no one else does.

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I buy cheap hot dogs, cut them in 1" chunks and pack them in garlic and salt. I catch a lot of channels in the summer time on them.
    This year I am goint to pack some skipjack strips in it and try them.

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Sometimes I dump some crushed garlic in a tub of livers. Had good luck on em:wink:

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.

Only if your fishing for Italian catfish ..........lol

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Theres always a bottle of Garlic powder in the boat. I do not use the garlic salt. But use the Powder. And it works great on days its like cheating.
    Pete

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Never had any luck with Anise oil. I like to use the Shad and Skipjack as just cut bait. I also have garlic in the boat and will cheat like Pete said. It has saved the day many times and is very cheap.

8. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Hi All, I'm a newbie here and am finding a ton of helpfull info. Everyone is great here. I'v been making my own bait for several years now. I have found that the real crushed garlic works wonders along with sea salt without iodine.

9. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome to the BOC

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome Stan to the BOC. Thanks for the info:wink:

11. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    the short answer yes it does help i use garlic on just about everything i fish with.I also know folks who use preperation H on there baits and catch one after another using it.

12. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    I just saw a show on the Outdoor channel about a catfish guide and he said he had used Preparation H on his bait for years. Whatever they were using, they were hauling them in...and big ones.
    Jim

13. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    it really does work ive seen it first hand,iwould have never believed it unless i saw it in action myself.

14. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    I've used garlic before and it works well. This is the first time I heard of using Preparation H. I'm gonna have to give that a try.:wink:

15. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC from Alton, IL. Good luck.

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "One Word" - "Scent"
    Weather it's Garlic Salt or Garlic Power - You can "Never" go wrong adding it to your Bait.
    You can also do cut Garlic into Bait like liver, by cutting it up & them crushing it into the tub & letting that sit over night (or even longer).

Just think about it - why do you think alot of Companys out there add Gatlic Favor to alot of there soft plastic Bait & Lures. :0a14:
    :wink:
    :0a23:

17. massa_blake

massa_blake New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have used garlic and had good results I normally use it on shad and freeze it.