Doom and Gloom

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by AwShucks, Aug 6, 2006.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Just finished watching an intertaining hour on the History Channel. They did a feature on the New Madrid earthquake fault which runs between Memphis and St Louis. It was last active in the 1811 - 1812 time frame and history suggests that an average of every 300 years it becomes active again. They are saying the time is approching. If it is a 7.5 quake, death figures are to be 17000 to 80000 - depending on the mississippi levee system. If they hold, the death and destruction will be limited to the lower amount and property damage around 250 billion dollars. However, they are predicting 3 quakes, two of 7.5 to 7.8 and 1 over 8.0. When it is over, there is going to be total death and destruction in 5 states. I was really feeling sorry for all of you who live in that area, then I got to feeling sorry for me. I mean, if all those buildings in Memphis & St Louis came down, there would be so much structure, us surviors won't even be able to catch a catfish. Lets just hope it doesn't happen in our lifetime, our children's lifetime or in our children's childrens lifetime. By then technology should be so far in advance they will have an earthquake stopper in ever city's fire department. Luck to ya.

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Awshucks! The way I see it what ever happens in the future is in God's Hands not mine,so I try to not worry a whole bunch about it God Bless!-------Pat Powell BOC Member since Oct 2005:smile2:

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes things are bad, I mean shoot, the Bengals won the division last year & went to the playoffs, so that ought to tell you, we're all doomed.

4. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Almost sounds depressing.... I had actually heard, that if the (whatever its called) in Yellowstone finally explodes, it'll completely wipe out the surrounding states and will send us into an ice age from the dust in the atmosphere blocking out the sun...then...it might even completely throw us off balance in our trip around the sun...that's some freaky stuff. Well, everyone have a good day... :big_smile:

-Red

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just so everyone knows, we ALL are only seconds away from an asteroid attack & could all be wipe dout in seconds, in fact it could be done BEFORE I finish this p.......

6. spaceman

spaceman New Member

State:
    Strong, Ar
    the 1811/12 quake also created reelfoot lake, it's not a bad little fishing hole, so have hope. BTW I'm only about 20 miles from the mississippi river in the quake zone. Why worry? If it happens, it happens.

7. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    She's right, whatever happens, happens. Just trust Him! :smile2: