dont ya just love it?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cattoo, May 19, 2006.

1. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    dont you just love it when you have one of those brain farts when reason just totally eludes you and you do something really stupid? me too. today i caught a pretty decent blue, it was 24.5 #'s and i asked a guy fishing near me if he could take a pic for me. he agreed and took the shot. when he was done he handed my camera back to me and like the higher mammal i am, i set it down on a rock instead of securing it somewhere safe. i think some of you can see where this is going. well i generally do this the total opposite but today i didnt weigh the fish before i got a pic. i waited til after the shot and then decided to weigh it. as i was trying to hold the mad catfish up and waiting for it to be semi-still so i could get an accurate measurement i heard a strange rattle-ker plop(my ears are keenly tuned to this sound from past experience, cell phones make this same sound when they go swimming). i looked down and my camera was gone! apparently the mad catfish had swiped my camera with its tail and off in the water it went! i looked right down from where i had set it. luckily it hadnt completely submerged but water was lapping up on it. i quickly rescued it and checked to see the damage. i opened the battery compartment and poured the water out of it. i set it on a rock(away from me) and let it drain for a while. i then held my breath and turned it on. to my amazement it worked! i was so happy, until i tried scrolling through my pics. the screen started breaking up and going haywire. it was gasping its final breath! i then took the memory card out of it and it was soaked so i dried it and then set the camera on the hood of my jeep for a few hours in the wind and sunshine. i was wondering how i was going to explain this to my wife and worse than that how i was going to talk her into letting me buy a new one! she has this silly little idea in her head that i spend too much money on fishing stuff. women. anyway, i was so scared to try the camera when i got home. i put it off as long as i could. i tried it a while ago and it works!!! whew, that was close. i just thought i would share some of my stupidity with you guys. oh yeah, i also stuck a hook in my hand, twice!:crazy:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yes Keith, That was a silly thing to do, LOL!!! Just trying to help, is it working, LMAO!!!

And just what does she mean,"You spend to much on fishing" ????

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    To much money on fishing gear? NO WAY! Ok, so you got the camera working, now I want to see the picture!

4. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    Check the member fishing report section...

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if i were you id take it apart as much as possible and clean it with contact cleaner! corrosion will start setting in really soon since it got really wet. i wouldnt just leave it be, at least call a camera shop and see what can be done.

6. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have yet to lose anything like a camera, scale, phone, but I have lost alot of smaller items, like knives.

I was on a trip with a relative one day, his cell phone rang he pulled it out it started to fall, he tried to catch it with his foot, you know to soften the blow. Well it turns out if he didnt try to catch it, it would have landed in the boat, but it bounced off his leg and back up over the edge of the boat. We made jokes about fish racking up his long distance bill etc for the rest of the night and had a few laughs.

7. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Brain farts,everyone gets them. LOL ,I hope you save your pix.My biggest fear is dropping my camera in the river.
    :lol:

8. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Mike has said it,you need to get it to a shop before you do lose it for good from corrosion.

9. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LOL, yeah and thanks for supporting our needs!:wink: