Dont wear flip flops!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Scaley Cat, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    I ve only wore flip flop 2 times in my boat, and each time something bad happened. The first time I dropped my anchor on my toe and the second time, well the pics speak for themselves.

Attached Files:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Ouch! That will ruin the night quick..

3. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

wow, thats not good.

4. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for your post man. Been telling my wife its a bad idea since she started fishing. Sorry about the foot:sad2:.

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't wear Crocks either. ....Mostly just because they look silly, lol. :wink:

That looks painful! :embarassed:

6. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes it will. Lucky it happened at the end of my night. I caught 2 blues, a 15 and a 12 but didnt get pics cause the pain was intense. I was trying to get a pic of them in my livewell before I let them go, when I knocked my bait cutting knife off my console and you see where it landed. I shined the flashlight at my foot and the knife was sticking straight up and down. I pulled it out, rinsed it with bottled water and got out the first aid kit and wrapped it up and hauled a**. Man this things really hurts today!

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Big ouch:crazy: I hate flip flops, them toe stumpin suckers kill my feet.

8. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Yeah, I feel your pain bro; Yesterday we took some friends below the dam and I helped them land 3 big gar.....with flip-flops! I got a tooth cut leg, bruised middle toe and ankle. BUT I did not come out as rough as your trip.:eek:oooh:

9. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Stupid flip flops!

10. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :sad2: ouch to say the least !!!!!! uggggggg

back in my teens i had a big flathead knock me out o a hole 2 times and get away so the 3 rd time i went to get him out of the hole in the bank i stuck my bare feet in and pissed him off enough until he clamped down on 1 foot then i stuck the other foot in his mouth also and did my best to turn them sideways in his mouth and my nieghbor buddy helped drag me out of the hole with him , all was well until he got out of the hole then he was thrashing around and tryin to spin until he got the rope in his jaw :crazy::eek:oooh: oooooo my shins and ankles got tore up bad wowie hamburger city for the next 2 months !!!!!

but we got the fish hee hee :wink:

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Whats really silly is when my big ass wears them out fishing ...lol

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    No more flip flops here either! Last time I wore flip flops to the lake I was launching an old boat....and after stepping over a rock, my foot slipped and I twisted my ankle and as my foot came down it hit the edge of a rock and ripped my big toe-nail completely off....you talk about "PAIN".:angry:

13. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Damn it dude you just made homemade wine come out my nose,Blueberry wine BURNS!!!!!!!!!!

14. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    you couldnt pay me to wear those dam things and i dont go bare footed outside either i always wear shoes sorry about your foot that had to hurt be careful next time

15. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Ralph, I'm a bit confused, although that appears to be the norm anymore. You got all this free chum flowing and you wrapped your foot up & went home???:wink:

16. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Funny chit right there!! Do you suppose that catfish thought that he was taking a "brown trout"?:smile2:

17. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    That right there gave me an cold chill, Ouch :eek:oooh: . Looks like you need to wear steel toed boots.

I cant remember if I was wearing flip flops or not when I got tangled in my cast net last year and went over in the missouri, but I did manage to tear my ACL.

18. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Ralph - I was thinking fish bard in the foot before I opened the post, but I know that knife had to hurt! Ouch!

Scotty - I'm a newbie to this site, but based on some of the posts I'm seeing, I wish cam corders would have been popular in your younger days, you would have a cult following on youtube :smile2:.

Earl - just remember, chitters never win :smile2: :smile2:.

19. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Puncture wounds are the worst man...that hurt:eek:oooh: Better check your last tetnus shot:wink: There free at the health department...just got mine:wink::tounge_out::smile2:

20. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    OUCH :embarassed: