dont waste time on carp, wen you can get buffalo

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by slikk03, Jan 6, 2010.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    carp are fun, but they taste bad, check out my buffalow thread in genearal, and in the flathead forum, got a vidio in genearal, funny to lol

2. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm glad someone likes to catch those slimey things. I dread buffalo slime on my carp net and mats. I have had a few large ones, but the 30lber was the only one that fought at all. Carp still out power them in fights, as far as eating them I wouldn't know. But I have fine tuned some buff rigs to keep them from blowing it out the gill plate and foul hooking.

3. festus

festus New Member

I gave a few buffalo last April to some folks who were fishing nearby at Bull Run Steam Plant. They say they're good eating. My grandma cooked up some for my grandpa once, I remember neither one of them liked the taste, but they probably didn't prepare them right. However, I would be willing to try redhorse sucker fillets if I caught them out of cold running water in winter or early spring. They can't stand a lot of pollution, and I've never seen them in any stagnant water.

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Agreed! Carp are from Europe/Asia.

Buffs are real Americans!

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    you guys are getting the wrong buffalow lol, theirs 2 main kinds i eat the bigmouths most cant or dont even know how to get them the meat beats catfish by far, itsd just a matter of if you want to take the time to cleran them

6. FlatheadManiacScott

FlatheadManiacScott New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You can have all the bigmouth or smallmouth buffalo's you want , im not much of a fish eater..Catch-Photo-Release (unless its BAIT).

Carp were brought over here by the US fish & game to be introduced as a food fish back in the late 1800's. I hear smoked carp is one of the best , plus if any of you are Jewish and eat gefilta fish , then your eatting CARP.
    100's of thousands of carp are killed eat year to be sent to fish markets and to catfood companys , so they must be good eating to someone out there..lol.

Good luck eating carp and or buffalo.....sure hope the PCB's and other chemicals in your local water are'nt bad ?

Scott