dont miss out on the Experience

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by skawez, Feb 12, 2008.

1. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    look at it like this.. i ve been bow hunting for deer sitting in a tree stand with wind chills below -30 buddled to keep warm yet enough i can still draw my bow. to get that certain buck ive trapped in worse conditions because the law says i have to check the traps every 24 hrs. ive sat on the ice at the lake for hours to just admire the scenery with nothing but a grub on my line. Its NOT the weather or the game your after that stops a angler/hunter from being there when he/she should its the angler/hunter their self that doesnt accept natures full spectrum that misses out on the experience of a lifetime.

2. cfishman

cfishman New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Dont mean any disrespect by that statement, and hope you didn't take as being direspectful.
    In the past I have hunted and trapped. Love to do those things, I'm just a summer time fisherman thats all. Its my personal preference and there is nothing wrong with other people that want to fish for catfish in the winter. Its just not my "thing" to go out in freezing weather and fish.
    Im a very much summer time person, sailing, fishing, and have an interest in summertime weather events. The winter is very uneventful for me, .... maybe I should try to fish in the winter....

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    winter cattin is good for catching bigguns !

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    none taken.. just explaining that i see an experience in every outing if you miss one the experience is lost. dont get me wrong tho.. the warmth of the summer is great too.