Dont mess with a bowman

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mudkat, Oct 30, 2006.

1. mudkat

mudkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    me and my dad were catfishing on the river and it was paddle fish time and there were people around us bow fishing .my dad was checking his line and he snaged a paddle fish on axident.this bow fisherman came up and told my dad to throw it in because he wanted to shoot it .my dad didnt want him to so right went my father dropped it in he threw like three ricks inb to stur up the mud and u could only imagine how mad this guy was i think he had anger problems but i think he got lucky that guy didnt plugg one in him.......huh????...close call..,...:eek:oooh:

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Huh? Didn't even know you could shoot a paddle fish with a bow.? 'Round here they go snagging for them in real deep water in the spring. Never done it though, so I'm definantly not an expert.

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah here in kentucky catfish and spoonbill can be taken in the day light hours only , by bow . other ruff fish can be taken night or day . but i believe spoonbill or paddle fish have to be in season .

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Can you immagine harpooning a 130# spoonbill? That's gotta be some serious fun. Not funner than catfishing though.

5. jga

jga New Member

State:
    missouri
    I would have done the same thing your dad did. Sounds like the guy with the bow could use a class in ethics. It isn't right to do that. That would be like cathing a deer in a box and shooting it when you let it out! Serves the bowman right.

6. amatuer cat catcher

amatuer cat catcher New Member

State:
    NC
    i agree with jga its people like this that give all outdoorsmen a ad name

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    In Alabama u cant fish paddlefish. But can shoot em with a bow.

8. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    yeah, those guys are the reason all these people wanna stop hunting and fishing because they dont have any ethics or commonsense for that matter. fishing isnt a massacre, its a sport. respect is what its all about.

im pretty sure in indiana your sopossed to return any paddlefish back to the water where you found it in as soon as its cought.

9. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Now that sounds real sporting, kill a fish just caught as its thrown back in the water.

10. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    They are protected in Ohio. But several states will let you bowfish them.