Don't Know ???????????? 2

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gator, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    WARNING: WHEN I SAY “WE” I DO INCLUDE MY SELF! So please don’t think I am pointing any fingers as I am just as guilty as every one else is. Now with that said please continue.

This was posted in the HI area by me and I was told I should post it here so here it is again.

Why is it that now days all any one seems to want to do is point out the negative side of everything? I mean have many times have we posted something negative on a subject or complained about something, and not done nothing to bring about change? I keep reading where people are always posting something negative about the world, the government, society, even when disaster strikes all we seem to do is point out the negative side of all the issues. I mean what is the point of this? Why are we looking for the negative in everything? What ever happened to the positive side of life? Is it still there? I it still worth living? I would like to know the answers to these questions and more.

I know the world and the mess were in is not always a purity pitcher, and please don’t get me wrong as I am just a big part of the “we” here just as much as everyone else is. But, surely there has to be some good points left some where aren’t there? Do we not have hope any more, I mean turn on the local news where you’re at or pick up a local news paper and read it. Then think about all the positive things you read, see or hear in the news. Then think about this post and if you know the answer please post here. As I am just a dumb old county boy.

I am not up to date on the way a lot of people think here, I try to live by the country way what some would call old school. I try to keep a very up beat out look on life and need to do so even more now. Some of you know why others do not, but let’s just say it is a matter of life and death for me right now, that I keep a positive out look right now.

2. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    I think anyone is going to be hard prtessed to find anything good in the news nowadays.
    Theres alot of stuff worth living for,family,friends,fishing...

Its much easier to point a finger then it is to take an active role in something,especially if it hasanythingtodowiththegovernment!Theresalotofredtapeandhoopsyouneedtogothroughtogetanythingdone.

I think alot of whatweseeinthenewswasalwaystheretosomeextent,itsthefactthatwegetnewscoveragefromaroundtheworldatamomentsnoticetoday.Andweallknowtheresalotofbadintheworld,but,theresalsoalotofgoodifwechoosetoopenoureyesandseeit!

Jesus,sorryaboutthismess,thinkineedanewtypewriterkeyboardythinghere.....LOL
    Sorryforanyheadachesthismayencur.

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mristerwiskersyousuredobrotheryousuredo!

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Gator,

I read your post in the other area. Talk about high intensity.
    I just want to say that I am glad you have a positive outlook in this matter. Thats half of the battle brother. A negative attitude in the way we perceive the world around us is bothersome to say the least, but when your health is concerned it plays a more important role.
    I for one, am very positive that you will succeed in this endeavor, just as I am positive that our brothers and sisters positive thoughts and prayers, will see you through.

5. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    yeah yeah,
    think i got coffee on the spacebar

well,now i curious about Gator.whatever happened i pullin for ya!

6. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Jim,
    Great post there buddy!
    I am just as guilty as most of us about pointing a finger when something goes awry. I think it has to do with my age because I feel I know how people should conduct themselves. Be it my military background or a strict step-father maybe just the daily frustrations we all endure. Like Tommy Lee Jones said in Lonesome Dove when Newt was quirted by the army scout over his buddy's horse. Rude behavior is something he would not tolerate! I am the same way, If someone wants to show their a$$ I'll dern sure show 'em how it's done! I'm learning how to bite my tounge, but as I grow older the job gets harder as I speak my mind without thinking of any extenuating circumstances that may influence someone elses previous misbehavior. I guess being a Dad and a Grandfather does that to you. I also am the oldest of four and was always expected to "set the example" and unless I did I would get my hide tanned for it. Call it old school or what you will, but it all boils down to Respect. Without pointing any fingers I will step out on a limb here and say most young-uns don't know the meaning of the word. Until many walk the walk (have children of their own) they will have no idea what you are trying to say. O'course these days and times are trying but it's all due to lack of disipline. Some folks will never learn and some learn way to late to change themselves. My glass ain't half empty, it's half full!
    I figured out a long time ago that there is always someone who will have more than I so it don't matter. What other people think doesn't bother me much anymore, I know what I know and that's what's important and if you have some resemblance of Christianity about yourself things will be right as rain. :cool:

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Very nice post brother, hope more members will take it to heart.

8. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

i always like to know when a friend or brother has a problem that he may
    need some help with.BUT as far as reading the newspaper it is most of the
    time depressing, i think they should print a GOOD NEWS PAPER and then
    a BAD NEWS PAPER,then we could have a choice of what we read.you
    know come to think about it the BIBLE is not even all good news,well
    i have said enough on this subject,good luck to you brother THINK POSITIVE.
    KIRK :)

9. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Yes, we are constantly doing battle with both sides of our spirit, and it takes great effort to not be consumed by the flames of negative influences. As others have said it is part of our internal makeup as imperfect beings, but a large part of that comes from exposure. If we all could be so fortunate as to stake a claim to our own brand of paradise there would be no room for an abundance of negative thoughts. There is no such thing as heaven on earth, but we have alot to say about where we live, the people we choose to associate with, and how we respond to what's going on around us. I have always said that there is no way for me to change the world, because the world in general doesn't seek a positive message, but I can change me. Separating ourselves from negative influences is not an easy task. We are bombarded with it daily at work or at play. Even if you don't get caught up in the media frenzy, you'll always be exposed to some person who is more than willing to tell you how bad the world is from their perspective. Yet, we control our outlook on life, even if it seems that morality and honor are going down the toilet in society. No one can ever make us swim in that cesspool, even if they held a gun to our heads. Regardless of what it seems to be, there are still quite a few decent folks who are enjoying this rather short journey we call life in spite of the hardships. It is the fellowship with those ones that make living special, so in recognizing our need for that type of influence, we should always seek that type of companionship. We have the choice toward making our lives more complex or simplifying life down to the least common denominator. I choose to keep it as simple as possible in order to maintain some sort of balance within. Food, shelter, clothing, positive companions, and spiritual guidance to light my way is all I really need. All other things are either temporary blessings or burdensome to the spirit. We all have such a short period of time to set a fine example and get right with the Man, why spend it in the negative? I choose not to if I can help it, and I can... :)

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

10. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

DREAM CATCHER
    i really enjoyed what you had to say.very good attiude to have on control
    of our life.
    KIRK :thumbsup: