Dont Forget Fellow Ohio Brothers & Sisters!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by CatFuStyle, Dec 30, 2009.

1. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    This friday the Headlights on while windshield wipers are on law goes into affect, so if you have DR Lights make sure they turn on when you put your vehicle into drive!!!

2. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi

My lights are usually on for that anyways, if it's raining/showing or whatever I always put them on.. and I didn't even know about this law haha, thanks for the info though :big_smile:

3. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    Yeah it is a law in other states. I was in Alabama a few years ago driving some coworkers to work. And they were like, "yeah you need to have your headlights on when you have your wipers on." I told them their state was stupid. BTW, if you wanna see some bad drivers, go down there.

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Thanks Brandon for the info. Didn't even hear about it. Guess that's what they are counting on to issue citations to boost thier funds. I'll be sure to pass on the info to the Ol'lady and probally put a paste it sticky on the dash to remind her. After all she is a blonde... lol...

5. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio

Lived in Maryland for a while. Really bad drivers there. Have alot of em' here in Zanesville as well. I refer to as; Idiotville alot when I'm out on the roads. Especially on Maple Ave. Average daily accidents on Maple is 6 to 8 a day...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks, thats news to me also...rollo

7. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    yeah i dont think too many people know about it, but they have been issuing warnings for the past six months and now starting friday you can get up to $150 dollar fine...:embarassed: and it will give them probable cause to be able to pull people over.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    My lights come on automatically

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bunch of BS if you ask me! along with the booster seat law, liscensing ATV's, plate fee increse, etc!!! :angry:

10. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    i dont need to worry bout it :big_smile: mine come on when i start it:cool2:

11. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    HOW ABOUT THE NEW LAW,IF YOUR PLATES EXPIRED PAST SIX DAYS YOU WILL $20.00 EXTRA TO RENEW THEM.

THATS HERE IN JEFFERSON COUNTY. IS IT THE SAME ELSE WHERE????

:crazy::angry:

12. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    first ive heard of that one Moose, thats pretty crazy.

if you have daytime running lights make sure you KNOW they come on cause they turn on using the sensor that is located on the dash most of the time, some vehicles have them come on once the vehicle is in drive but some dont come on if it is light enough out to trip them off(like my Saturn Vue)

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    "The offense is a secondary violation -- similar to the seatbelt law. Officers may only cite a motorist for not having lights on with wipers when stopped for another violation, such as speeding, weaving in a lane or driving through a traffic light."
    Be a responsible driver and you shouldn't have to worry if you forget once in a while. :wink:

14. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks for the info Brandon thats the first Ive heard of it also.

15. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    IT ONLY MAKES GOOD SENESE TO HAVE YOUR LIGHTS IF YOU HAVE TO USE YOUR WIPERS TO SEE, IN ORDER TO DRIVE.

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I usually flash vehicles that don't have their lights on when they should, it is so they can be safer on the road and be seen easily, but when I do it I cant help thinking that if I can see them to tell them they need their lights on, do they really need their light on? lol :eek:oooh::crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    yeah i agree about being safe and i agree with it, for me though i rarely have my wipers on cause i use rainx so i hardly ever have to have my wipers on

18. criss

criss New Member

State:
    ohio
    just more laws telling us in Ohio what to do.