Dont Drink The Water!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dinkbuster1, Jul 21, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well, im now sick with a nasty stomach virus! dummy me went canoeing with no drinks on wednesday in the 90+ degree heat for 3 hours. so, i took a drink of the riverwater on the Mad river here in Dayton.....BIG MISTAKE! uh oh.....brb.........

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

at least you won't be cathing anymore turtles for a while.lol, no I hope you get to feeling better might take 3-4 days but you will live at least.

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Yeah that doesn't sound like a really good idea at all.

4. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You get a stomach virus from drinking river water, but they say you can drink your pi$$. What is in your water Dude? Just kiddin'. Hope you get to feelin' better.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

I was thinking about that after you said you were doing the "Human Waterfountain" thingy in the Mad! :0a30:

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    dink take 3 big spoonfuls of castor oil and call me in 4 days LOL

7. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I thought about that many, many times sitting out there on hot day. Just looking at it flowing, thinking "it don't look that bad. I might be able to get away with it." But, I NEVER DID IT!!! Good luck to ya. :lol:

8. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Take a look at some of the water you drank under a good microscope. You will be able to see what you turned loose in your body. Old swampers used to drink swamp water all the time. They figured out the secret to it. For every glass of swamp water, they drank 1 quart of moonshine to kill all that bacteria, and those little squiggly boogers. Some nights they drank so much water, they just drank a whole gallon jug of shine to balance things out. One thing though, the shine needs to have a pickled fly in the bottom of the jug as proof positive it's strong enough. Hope you feel better, good fishin' Jack.

9. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas

Sorry to hear bout you die, rear. LOL. Some places should have jumped on protecting the waters.
    If you cant eat the fish, dont drink the water. I lived in S. Texas and went to Mexico a lot and they said, dont drink the water. I did anyway. No problem LOL.
    My area, I have done same and had to take a drink of my lake water. Not a problem. for me. I just wouldnt fix an ice chest full of it but, it took the bite off my hike and no problems. Fish taste good too. .

Take the pink stuff, and dont take a sleeping pill tonight. Might make a mess till it cycle's through. LOL.

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Sorry to hear that, I took a drink of river water one time below a dam in the river, probably wasn't the best idea, but it didn't kill me...lol

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have done the same while Kayaking, just never on purpose. LMAO

They make those nice filter water bottles, may want to invest in one for craps and giggles. hehehe

12. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    thats pretty nasty man. did it at least taste alright? I hope you feel better soon.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Dude - Flathunter and Mellon probably both took a leak in there before you drank it!!!:eek:oooh: :sad2: :roll_eyes: :wink:

14. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
  15. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    There are a few streams that come off of the mountain that I trust to drink from but not many! I try to carry those tablets that purify the water to make palatable or get one of those nifty water treatment "pumps" with the membrane thingy...Mostly, though, I would just suggest on taking a water bottle with a shoulder strap. I carry one fly fishing. When I'm out on the water and get real thirsty it comes in real handy! "Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink"...right? LOL

16. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Dink, man, I know your hurtin....but gotta tell you, you probably deserved that one. Heck you know better, with all the polutants and such, plus Giardia or sometimes called "Beaver Fever" is a nasty thing and has killed many folks, maybe a month to shake it under hospital care...youll crap and vomit so much you basically die of dehydration. :eek:oooh:

By the way, yesterday while floating the upper Mad, I took a leak on the edge and saw several beavers,many drunks in canoes with diaper sized kids all playing in the water, all while fishing a waste water discharge pipe that was churning out pure gray matter and a few solids... I hope you get better soon!!! Seriously!!

Salmonid

17. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    hope you feel better, that water would look tasty on a hot day, but who knows whats in it

18. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Be careful brother... I have heard of several people doing just as you did and drinking the water... they get so sick that they become severely dehydrated and even the daily activities are dangerous... be careful out in the sun while recovering... hopefully you didn't drink too much!

Hope you get to feeling better soon,
    If you don't GO TO THE DR

19. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I guess that wasn't supposed to be funny, but LMAO. TAKE WATER NEXT TIME...:smile2:

20. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Sorry to hear, that Dink....I used to drink out of the ditch when I was a little kid, because it was the "cowboy thing to do" LMAO! Didn't have to hang up my hat and guns (with their white plastic grips), though. 'Cause as soon as "ma" found out about that one, she put a stop to it, before there was no stoppin' "it" lol. Good luck, buddy.

-Red