DONEGAL LAKE

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bw69r, Sep 27, 2008.

1. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    last weekend i went to DONEGAL LAKE to catch some bait and stopped in the little bait shop there. saw some pictures of flatheads on the counter and started to talk to the owner about them. he said they are in the lake and he has seen them up to 35 pounds come out of there. not a lot are brought out of there but not many people fish for them either as most that are caught are incidental catches by people fishing for other species. might be worth a shot some night and he gave me the location of where the bigger ones are caught.

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i heard the same thing brian i usually fish donegal for trout in the spring but heard there are nice cats in there also

3. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

I live within about 20 minutes from there. The game commission has stocked fingerling channels in there. I have heard of the occasional Flathead being caught. I even saw a picture of a 25 pounder out of Greenlick. So I guess it's possible.

4. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Frank, i have caught nice size channels out of the lake but never tried for the flats.

5. stoney53

State:
    PA
    giving me the idea that i should try donegal someday soon

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i was thinking the same thing.

7. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Maybe we all can get together here soon. They will be stocking it soon with Trout for winter Trout season.

8. stoney53

State:
    PA
    that could happen dave just have to work out a day

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i know what cove the bigger flatheads come out of.