Done some population control on the Ohio

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Critter Getter, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    Been doing a bit of bowfishing on the ohio river for those good fer nothing jumping sons of *%$@*$ carp. Never bowfished for them before and am hooked now. Never thought there were that many out there. It was nothing to see over 20 at one time. After we shot the first one we cut him up and put him on the hooks. Stuck 2 rods in the rack in the back of the boat and just while drifting down the middle of the river shooting those slimy things we ended up catching 7 blues between 5 and 15 lbs. I was quickly finding a new favorite bait! Not sure how many we shot but we filled the livewell to a point you had to jump on it to get it to close in about an hour and killed and tossed the rest back for the next 3 hours. Got some pics of the carp but for some reason we didn't take any of the cats....:embarassed::embarassed::embarassed:

Attached Files:

2. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thank you and keep it up.

3. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    good job keep stickin em

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sweet!!! If I was allowed to use guns or Bows I would be doing some of that... But as luck would have it I aint allowed to have such toys because some think im apt to use them in a threatning manner.. They treat me like Im some hot head or something:angry:

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    All tell you what work's just as good to about four foot under the water { The old whamo wirst rocket's }you can still buy them at wal-mart or kmart, Just get you some 3/16 size bearing's and shoot away:wink:

6. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    whiterivernigtcats and ball bearings. A dangerous combination.:smile2:

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Lmao yea when i read his post i considered that:big_smile:But hey everybody deserve's a second maybe thrid chance lol

8. garr catcher

garr catcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    good job tim.

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    stickum all brother!