Done some experimenting today

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by 223reload, Nov 26, 2009.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The wife and I decided to make a casserole from scratch as a side to our thanksgiving meal.

Decided to just call it cheesy green chili zuccini

3 Medium zuccini,sliced
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 pint fresh roasted green chilie's,peeled,destemmed,and chopped coarse
    2 cups of grated cheese{we used velveeta}

Steam zuccini to speed cooking time. Place zuccini evenly layered in a medium casserole dish. Add soup and chilie evenly over the top,cover with grated cheese ,and bake at 350* till bubbly and cheese is melted.

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    sounds pretty good richard.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Billy,It was great,my only regret is that we didnt make it sooner.:wink::smile2::smile2:

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    sounds good Richard. I'd like to try that. Later Andy

5. festus

festus New Member

Sounds good, Richard. You probably deskinned your peppers after you roasted them?

6. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    nice richard! but a lil late, you snuck that by on me! you should do a recipe book, ive tried some of your dishes before and there great! keep em coming!

thanks

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Yes,Festus,the proper way to peel green chilie's that are FRESH roasted is by removing the skin under running cold tap water,The skin is real tough if not removed after cooking. Thats why they are fire roasted before hand. Plus it really enhances the flavor.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Thank you Steve,I'm just glad that folks like you appreciate them enough to comment. Most of the ones I have are found in recipe books I have or google searches via the internet. I like to share the ones I like ,as well as the very few I invent myself.

9. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds good Richard, gonna try it as soon as I replentish my supply of Zantac, which will be tomorrow:smile2::smile2::smile2: Stay safe and keep 'em coming!!!:wink: