Done for the year

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by Mr.Seaguar, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Mr.Seaguar

Mr.Seaguar New Member

State:
    Sioux Center, Iowa
    I`m done. Went for the last time yesterday. Actually I was on the way home from town with a new rifle so I fished for a few hrs. Only caught one cat and he was cold as ice. No more fishing until the ice gets 4". Was a good summer tho.

2. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I cleaned out the fishing car, and hung up my rods last week.

Just going to be too cold from here on out for me. Been real slow getting anything to bite also.

3. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    It has been way to odd of a year for me to call it this early. Last week we landed 269lbs in 2 days... it isn't over yet...

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sorry to hear that you guys are hanging it up for the year!! Good luck huniting or whatever it is you will be doing now!

5. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    i think we still have close to a month of fishing left. it really depends on the weather though...

6. the watcher

the watcher New Member

State:
    Iowa
    id say we got a few weeks

7. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    You guys could always do what the birds do! Make a run South. We'll be catching them all year down here!! Come on, y'all. I'll treat y'all to a fish fry and redneck shindig while you're here!

8. the watcher

the watcher New Member

State:
    Iowa
    headin south sounds great but spring will come soon enough

9. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    I can fish all year down here in Texas! But, a couple buddies do stop fishing this time of year due to hunting season. I will admit I do go less often when it cold down here. Alteast cold for down here we do not get any snow! maybe ice I am in shorts outside on christmas day most years.

10. the watcher

the watcher New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i was fishing for cats on the wapsi and didnt catch a thing for three hours
    i think the mississippi may be a better choice but it may just be this time of the year

11. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I didn't get to do alot of fishing this past summer due to work. So i think i'm gonna brave the cold and keep on fishing!!:tounge_out:

12. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    I couldn't catch them last fall, can't catch them this fall. Big nasty storm coming this week, I had a pretty good year, it's November, I'm hanging it up, start planning for next year. LOOK OUT FISH!