Done anything dumb lately ?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Slatebar, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Question,, Have you did any dumb ones lately?
    I hope this is my last one for a while:embarassed:
    I ordered a new St Croix ultra light 5 1/2 ft rod last week. It arrived today packed in a paper tube about 6 ft long by 3 inch diam. While trying to get all the tape loose inside the tube I snapped off about 3 inches of the rod tip. Aww Sh**, I guess I will just take it to a tackle shop and have it retipped to 5 ft. :nosebleed:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Now that is painful..That will definitely change the action on an UL. Bad luck for sure.

3. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats a :beat_brick: moment.

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Sounds like the act of a child opening up Christmas presents.:smile2: LOL!! Man that sucks! St. Croix rods are quiet expensive, but hopefully the repair of the rod will be cheap enough.

5. festus

festus New Member

Sorry about the broken tip, Slatebar.

Yes, a couple of weeks ago I did something dumb--taking a cell phone fishing and answering the dern thing. It was right before dark, and the crappie just started hitting one right after another. Got 7 keepers and 2 or 3 undersized in about 20 minutes. As soon as the fish started biting, the phone started ringing. First it was my mother, and second it was my better half. The phone hadn't rung all day, and the fish started biting at the same time. So on the way over to pick the phone up from a rock, I stepped on a surfcaster rod and snapped it about 16" from the top. The rod had to be at least 25 years old and it was one of my favorites. I replaced it a couple days later with an Ugly Stick the same size. And I'm sure I could have caught 3 or 4 more fish if I hadn't answered the phone. :embarassed:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  6. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just ordered somthing for Christmas and after I was all done I saw this little notice that said orders will arive in 6-8 wks.GRRRR
    smokey

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well,not me,But a co worker and I were hauling hot mix last week. We have shut off valves on our trailer air tanks that control the doors on the belly dump trailers. We shut them off at nite to make it quicker to build air,then turn them on before we run. Well he forgot to open his valves to pressure the doors. First 4000lb drop of hotmix opened the doors and on the ground it sat.:confused2::embarassed::crazy:

8. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    I try to do something stupid every day...I don't always succeed but most days I do! :embarassed: :beat_brick:

9. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Chuck i have to agree with you on that one,heck i do to many dumb things in a week to post them on here :wink::smile2:

10. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    If im awake, something dumb is normally happening...hahaha :smile2::smile2::smile2: