Donate MORE Than Once!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Itch2Scratch, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I don't know about the rest of you but I am living on a pension so I can't afford a large donation. But I am determined to help Paul make this site self sufficient. I have not donated yet to get my star because my resources were already committed for January. I have budgeted for 1 Feb to donate to BOC and will continue to budget throughout the year because I plan enjoying BOC all year. I challenge all BOC members to look past their already donated star and donate as you can throughout the year also. Lets help Paul and keep BOC growing!

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I plan on doing the same. Members can give what the amout that they can afford $5.00 will be ok $10.00 will get you a banner.

3. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    I will donate too. I am curious how much it cost to operate this site every month.
    Where can I send a check and who should it be made out to?

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
  5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
  6. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    One of the reasons I decided to go this route is that I have visited other catfishing sites only to find they required you to PAY UP FRONT to join. You could not even read anything until then. I had visited this site several times and recieved enjoyment reading remarks as well as a wealth of info. The way I see it, by Paul keeping this site free for those who can not afford it as he has done, he was paying for my membership out of his pocket..TIME FOR PAYBACK!

7. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
  8. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    P.S. Thanks for the assist on this post Verlon!:)

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    No problem Ken we must keep members aware! To keep this site above the other sites takes alot of money. Donate to keep us on top.

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I plan on donating at least a few more bucks soon......:)

11. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    i have been looking for almost an hour trying to find how to donate. what was supposed to be the new and improved link paul had did not work for me. ive been running around this site for a few months now convinced time for me to help. the site is awsome. thanks to all that make it possible.

12. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm glad this post got bumped back to the top or I would not have seen it.I had been looking for a link myself to do a paypal donation.If someone knows of one that works please post it.If all else fails I will dig out my checkbook if I can find it (LOL) since the invent of the debit card I can't really remember the last time I wrote a check.

13. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    still not exactly sure how to use it when i get it, but i googled paypal and up came the app. i guess it will take 2 to 3 days before i can actually use. by then should know how to use it on here.

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    On the right of the page there should be a FAST ACTION DONATION PAGE.
    Click it then click the small paypal button in the middle of that page. Worked for me.

15. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    The Fast Action Donate Page to the right of this screen gives you 2 options. One is to donate if you already have a Pay Pal account, the other if you just want to donate with credit card or debit card. I noticed on my computer that after you select the card your using, you have to wait for it to put the symbol up before you start typing the account number in. Also even though you select "no shipping" you still need to put in the shipping address and the billing address. At some point it may ask you if you want to open a Pay Pal account and give you an option to create the account with the information you have input. This is not required to just donate but will be handy should you want to buy something from the BOC Store...your option. Hope this helps.:)

There is additional helpful information on "Pauls Shameless Begging Post" which has probably been pushed back to page 2 or 3 by now. Thanks for your support of our beloved BOC.;)

16. Crispy Critter

State:
    Missouri
    If they have a paypal account it should work instantly with a debit/credit card.I have used paypal before.I didn't save my info with them so I don't have an account already set up but where I've used them before, you follow the link from the site your donating to and fill in the info and they step you through it.It's usually a done deal within 5 min. or so.

17. Crispy Critter

State:
    Missouri
    Well I knew I shoulda took typing lessons this hunt and peck method don't cut it.LOL..From the time I started my last post till I was done there was 2 more posts :)

18. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    A quick primer that will help with snail mail.

Its important that members realize that donations are reset to zero on the new year.

QUICK READ

19. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Thanks for chipping in Boss.:) But we will worry about a Star next Jan 1, right now we are working on making BOC self-sufficient this year:p ..LOL But your right members need be award that the Star Membership ends 31 December each year. I think anyone who wants to help keep BOC going will not have a problem with that since the bills to operate this site never end.

Donating each year gets you a Star because you contributed to keep the lights on that year. Thanks for the Great Site Paul, we do appreciate what you do as well as all the hard work the Mods put in.;)

20. Crispy Critter

State:
    Missouri
    Well me and technology just don't mix,I finally got paypal to work.It came back 3 times saying my card# was wrong I re-entered the same # over and over and it finally went through,then it came back and told me my address didn't exist,after twice of that I went out and looked to see if I moved.Nope still here, it finally went through.I guess all is well now. :) I know it's me and not the system although I'm smart as I can be unfortunatly,this IS smart as I can be :D