Don Knotts dead at the age of 81

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gargoil77, Feb 25, 2006.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Don Knotts (Barney) died yesterday at the age of 81. He was one of my all time favorite actors.

2. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I just read about his passing.Those old Andy Griffith Show's will never go out of style.Just a couple of day's ago, I was thinking on going on-line to find that movie The Apple Dumpling Gang.

3. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Oh man...I really hate to hear that. The Andy griffith Show was...and still is one of my all time favorites. It don't matter how down you might be...just watching an episode of the AG show will pick you up.

My favorite episodes have to be the Billy Goat eating the dynamite....when Barney finds it inside the explosives shack by lighting a match...LMAO!

And then there's the Kerosine Cucumbers that Aunt Bee made.

Or...It's me...It's me...It's Earnest T!

I always howled with laughter every time Barney would accidentally fire his one bullet...LOL!

Or when he'd lock himself...or himself AND Andy in the jail cell.

Another TRUE American Icon has passed on. It makes me sad to even think about it. Yet another of those things I have always cherished about my childhood is gone. Sigh. :sad:

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Oh no! Hate to hear that. He was one of a kind. :sad:

5. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Sorry to see old barney go but I bet he had an important performance scheduled with God he could not miss

6. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    mr furly was a riot....he will be missed....:crying:

7. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    The ghost and Mr. chicken was the best. Don Knotts and Tim Conway. Sure hate he's gone.

8. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Yep, the Ghost and Mr. Chicken. What was the one with him and Tim Conway where they were looking for some beast with the head of a pig, that drank horse's blood????

He will be missed.

Ray

9. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    man that just sucks he was so cool i have a lot of the shows on dvds.

10. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    I guess it just got nipped in the bud right in the bud I tell ya. God bless his family and his many fans. He was funny and I grew up watching and laughing with and at him. He was a gifted man and will live on in lot of hearts.

11. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Everybody has to do some bud nippin' now and again...LOL.

12. catfish joe

catfish joe New Member

State:
    louisville kentucky
    man sorry to hear bout Don Knotts i loved him in Andy Griffith and the incredable Mr.Limped and the Dumpling Gang was a riot he will be well missed he was a T.V. and movie legend there will never be anyone like him ever........R.I.P.....:0a4:

13. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I read about his passing earlier tonight and was very sadden by the lost. Rest in peace Mr. Knotts.

14. BlueZeus

BlueZeus New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats a shame. Don Knotts played in many shows and movies but he will always be remembered as Duputy Fife. God Bless him.:sad:

15. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I hated to hear about his passing but now John Ritter and Don Knotts will be keeping everybody entertained in heaven. We will all miss him.
    GOD BLESS

16. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    :crying: I grew up watching that show.In my opinion it was Barney that made the show great.I loved the bullet in the shirt pocket deal.He would always have to ask Andy if he could put his bullet in.This is a sad ending for a man who never really got the credit he deserved for his talents. :cry-big:

17. Gonzo_Joe

Gonzo_Joe New Member

State:
    Dowling Park, Florida
    It's sad to hear of his passing, but though he may be gone, he will certainly never be forgotten.

18. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    It's very sad to hear I loved his work. One of the best actors out there.

19. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Great actor, funny and I enjoyed watching him do his stuff. I always liked it on the Andy Griffith show when he was talking about women or after one and he would do that nose snuff with a lip curl and act like the know it all getting ready to spout great wisdom. Great stuff, God bless.

20. Chanellocked

Chanellocked New Member

State:
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    The Andy Griffith Show wouldn't have been the same without Don Knotts, one of the worlds funniest comedic actors, a real treasure, he will be missed by all...