dominant predator

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfisherman369, Nov 21, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I just watched a fishing show , they was fishing for bass and was saying how largemouth bass was the dominant predator of fresh water fish ..........lol.
    I would like to have reached in the boob tube and choked the ____ out of that dude . He must not have known much about old mister whiskers , cause a flathead in my book is the dominant predator of fresh water fish . I am sure a large mouth has ate a baby flathead before , but baby is the key word there . I know that flatheads have ate adult bass on a daily basis . Show me the bass that eats adult flatheads and I will quit fishing , sell all my gear and start quilting .

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Just gos to show you Floyd them Basser Boys with there 200.00 dollar sunglasses,and there 50.000 Bass Boats DON'T know Squat bout Fishing :wink: J.D.

3. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Them little Green Bass dominate predators, What have they been smoking? A half grown Blue or flattie would have a nice meal off those big bad boys. LMAO.
    Save a shad Bait up with a bass!
    If they were talking about those hog striper's. I'd have to say yup there a major player but Bring on a big cat and see what happens. ​

4. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    lets put a 4 lb bass and a 50 lb flat head in a tank dont feed either one and see who is left in a week....:smile2:

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    J.D. you have to be styling to "BASS fish", you cant look good in a row boat, and 5 dollar glasses, and overalls...

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I'd have to say man was the most dominant predator, and the most wasteful.

7. festus

festus New Member

Good point!

8. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Pfff! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    all i can say is that a flat head is def the most dominant preditor in most cases... however if you mix other fish in the mix like Pike and muskie, they are the only ones that give a flatty a run for his money. i could even go along with certain comments one would make about them, but a bass isn't even in the same category of predator as a flatty.

10. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    That is true , but we are talking freshwater fish . Man vs. any other animal is a whole different story . If you was only able to use what you was born with then man would not be the dominant predator . We would lose even up against a herd of snapping turtles....lol

11. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I love to fish for Cats as much as anyone. But, if I was going to bet on a fish fight I would put my money on a Musky or Northern any day.I bet this one could send most any North American Cat home with a well whupper azz . Someone sent the pic to me saying it was over 55lb and a new Michigan state record.

Attached Files:

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Let me be a testament that flatheads love to eat largemouth bass.

13. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    lets see,things that eat grown bass,catfish,muskie,northern pike,tiger muskie,stripers,wipers,and I'll bet there's a couple I'm missing

other fish that eat a grown catfish,ummm,nothing other than a bigger cat

things that eat a huge record muskie may be far and few in between as are those fish,but when they are smaller a cat would take one and a bigger muskie will take one.

bass, A.K.A. the green carp is a joke,they are easy to catch,dumb as far as fish are concerned,and will hit just about anything,and thats why the tackle manufacturers love them,they can keep coming up with more new must have lures than you can put in a dozen tackle boxes,which equals money in their pockets from all those they have convinced that bass are something special.