Dolese Youth Park-Trout Season

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Okccatman, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Some of you may not be familiar with Dolese Youth Park in Oklahoma City. Dolese Park is located in NW OKC at NW50th and Meridian arcoss the street from Putnam City High School.

Starting Jan.1 going thru Feb.28 they will be stocking Rainbow Trout for an 8 week trout season. The park is one of the City's "Close to Home" fishing waters. For more info on the "Close to Home" program visit http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/fishregs/closetohome.htm
    The stocking dates for Dolese Park will be January 5, January 19, February 2 and February 16.

Dolese park is a great park for the whole family so I encourage you to bring the family for the day. Other activitys include a nature trail, soccer fields, baseball fields, and a Disc Golf course. These are just some of the things you can do. If you want to play a round of disc golf send me a PM and I would be happy to join. I could bring extra disc's so you wouldnt have to buy any. Which you can do at the gas station on the corner of 50th and Meridian. The avg. price is $10. However there are no green fee's or other cost to play.

David Frantz