Dogwoods Blooming in Georgia

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by BassMassey, Mar 12, 2008.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    The Dogwoods are starting to bloom pretty good here in middle georgia....how about the rest of the state? As i learned last year this is when the crappie and whitebass begin to run out of the lake and up the river. I might have to bring some small jigs with me when i go catfishing so i can fill up my baitbucket....

2. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    some are blooming in south ga. . some are just starting . guess that is why some crappie bed earlier than some .:eek:oooh:

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    They are blooming up here as well and as I remember last year the stripers were really fiesty this time of year and heading up river so tight lines guys Im goin fishing lol

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Were getting some blooms around here too. I here ya about the stripers Terry. We get a great striper run up here. They come from Lake Weiss up the Coosa, Etowah, and Oostanaula Rivers really good for about 2 months. So I'll be doing a lot of striper and catfish fishing at the same time for a while. I have to admit those stripers in current fight harder lb. for lb. than any catfish of the same size I've ever caught. Good luck fishin'guys.

5. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    chicks are hatching also.these are wild chickens

[​IMG]

6. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    video of the vhickens in my back yard . they have ben some hatching out for a couple of months . looks like spring time . have a nest in one of my boats .
    [​IMG]