Dog Gonnit!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Blade4130, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Earlier this evening I went out and caught about two dozen blue gills. Very determined to get into some nice flats. After having a little fun catching gills on a ultra light rod, I headed for the river. Walked all the way to a spot I have been wanting to fish. When I got there, there were some people fishing and not enough room. No biggie so off to another spot. I ended up going to Cooley Lake River Access to give it a try. Got everything to the bank and baited all three rods. After getting the last one in the water I sat down and noticed some lightning not to far off. I didn't think we were going to get heavy rains tonight until tomorrow. Maybe ten minutes later it was developing right above my head. So I am packing things up and went down to one rod. Five minutes later all those gills that I caught went into the river and I was outta there:angry: <lol> no flatheads for me tonight darnit:tounge_out::roll_eyes:

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    atleast you got to see some blue gill action, hey thats fun on ultra lites,

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I feel ya, bro. Skippie and I put in at La Benite and had the same kind of deal. About dark when I was kind of getting interested, the lightning started over west and since we had to run back that way to the ramp, we pulled anchor and headed out. Got back to the ramp just as the rain started. Glad we got back in time, it was freakin' ugly out there:smile2:

On a side note, a transformer or something ate it's lunch on the bridge and it was a pretty decent show watching it arc out and blow sparks into the river:smile2:

4. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    LoL Next time take em back home and freeze em for me :wink: sorry about the luck don.

5. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    As I was driving down the hill from missouri city heading back on 210. I saw a huge and I mean huge green/blueish glow over that way. That must have been that ark you were talking about. That was just freakin nuts!:crazy: I bet that was wild being so close it for you guys. Catching the blue gills was a lot of fun, but I was looking forward to being out all night going for those flats. I watched the news, weather channel and looked on-line and it seemed like we wern't going to get much of anything. <lol> boy did we ever get pounded.

6. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    heck i would of ate the blue gills

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Don't you just hate that Don. It just happen to me a couple weeks ago too. Lightening started flashing I was like got to be kidding me. Tossed the bait an got to the truck right as the rain let loose.

8. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    well that sucks that you didn't get to catch any flats, but atleast you got to wet a line. Andrew

9. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    heck i would of ate the blue gills

You know that was kind of dumb of me huh <lol>:roll_eyes: Those gills I had were surly big enough to eat at 8-10 inches. Just wasn't thinking and wanted to get out of there as fast as I could. It originally looked as though it may pass to the side, but when it developed overhead with cloud to ground lightning I was going as fast as I could to get outta there. Ten miles away in Misssouri City I could see that huge glow from that ark. I wonder what it would have been like having a front row seat as Brandon did. With all the rain from last night and all day today. Tonight I am going to try a spot that I have never fished, but heard about after a good rain. I will have my rain gear with me so if it does decide to rain while I am out there this evening it won't be a big deal.

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Don!! Glad you got the he!! out there in time!! We don't need anybody becoming a human lightning rod!! Gotta keep an eye on the sky!! Glad you did!! Better luck next time, when mother nature is nicer!!