Dog food recalls in your area?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by buddah, Apr 6, 2007.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    All this crappy wheat-Gluten is to blame!!! Now I'm scared to feed my dog because I don't want to accidentally kill him! I LOVE my Buck-erz!!
    All this dog (Buck) will eat is Iams smart puppy! I know that thier recalling all the Iams wet food but I feed him the dry stuff. Still scary though.

How do all you people feel about this and do you have any more info on what the recalled foods names are? they are being very vauge on the TV.
    That would be much appreciated!

-Brother Jay

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey, Jay,

I hadn't heard about it till I saw Kristine's post yesterday on the In The News forum. She's got links over there to complete listings of the recalled products, etc.

Then yesterday evening I noticed a note in our little local newspaper... but it only mentioned the name of some OleRoy treats. It did seem like most of the problem products were the canned or soft foods... not sure why.

Thanks for the reminder! I wanted to do some more research on this melamine stuff or whatever it's called. Have a great day and love that puppy :lol:

3. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Jay,
    My dogs eat nothing but the Iams dry foods.
    So I checked the Iams web site and they say their dry food is fine and is made by a different company than the wet food.

4. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45163
    That's the thread Hope mentioned above. I'll look into the Iams dry food for you and see what I can find.

EDIT: Iams dry food is fine, not only because it is made exclusively by P&G Pet Care, but because their dry food do not contain wheat gluten.

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Some folks on another board turned me on to the Chicken Soup line of pet foods, which don't even have wheat gluten in them.

The stuff is spendy, but I swear, I can tell the difference in my animals.

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Its a scary thing but its not something we have to worry about even with the 8 dachshund was have in the house. My wife makes our dog's food on Sunday evenings. She cooks enough for the whole week. Its going to sound like we spend a lot on it but we really don't.

She cooks 6 lbs of frozen beef liver, 7 to 8 lbs of chicken leg quarters on the bone and a 2 cup of brown rice cooked in chicken broth, plus peas & carrots. She chops up the liver, cuts up the chicken and mixes it with the rice, peas&carrots and chicken broth.

7. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    Hi

Where did you find this line of pet foods? I'm terrified my "fur kids" will be next?

8. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    Hi. Where can I purchase this Chicken Soup line of food? I'm terrified my "Puddy Tats" are gonna get ill.

9. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma