dog food for cats;)

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by lebeaux, Aug 22, 2008.

1. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    Anyone know what brand/ type of dry dog food sinks in water? Been all over google and can't find the answer. Much thanks for any help:big_smile:

2. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    :wink:I have never used dry, but have used can of alpo in a nylon (the X's) with a rock in the bottom. Infact that is probibly the reason why, she is a X-wife. You sink 4 or 5 of them and wait a couple days, then start fishing, all I got to say is that kids will have fun catching channel catfish.:cool2:

3. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well this kid has fun catchin' 'em! Thanks for the advice. My goal is not to use anything but food. No nylons or cans or anything like that in the water. There is a dry food that sinks. My buddy read about it but forgets what kind it was. Guess I'll keep searchin'.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I'll try an do some searching on this an let you know!

5. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    We had a heavy rain here 2 weeks ago, river came up out of its banks and flooded a series of tent camping sites in a city park. Water was 2 - 3 feet deep and I noticed there were lots of carp up up in the shallows eating. So we setup and fished there for several hours.

One couple walking by remarked that 2 days before a couple had tented there, and spilled a whole pile of dogfood on the ground at that site. I guess when the river came up everything came looking for that free handout.

We caught several large carp, and a few cats in the 2 -4# range.

If it was legal I think I'd go buy a bag of dogfood, but North Dakota DNR pretty tough on baiting, and whats used for bait.

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Any kind will work Jason, you just have to drill a little hole in the center of each piece, duh. :big_smile:

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Don't know if it floats or not, but I've heard that Old Roy Dinner Rounds make a good catfish bait. As far as sinking goes, I'd think that a floating bait would work great, since it would lift your bait a little ways off the bottom.

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I have looked for what you seek but came up with nothing. I would guess you could soak it an then maybe add something into it. Worth a shot I guess

9. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    soak it and then make dough balls with it might work :smile2::smile2:

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Exactly slimdaddy!