Dog crawler bait.

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by vacatfish, Aug 2, 2006.

1. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    I call it the dog crawler.

Take a large bowl fill it with dry hard alpo dog food. the dump the large bowl of alpo out and crush real fine after crushed real fine put it back into the same bowl.

Lightly add water till it all is moist and soft but stiff thick. after that get 2 packs of nightcrawlers take them out the dirt break them all into 1 half inch parts and mix into the dog food stir well till all is mixed well. do not put in the dirt from the pack of night crawlers.

i was able to put this one together day before yesterday and test it. so far it makes me smile. should work ok with most dip bait rigs. but i think it would work best with looper rigs. but have not had the time to order any to test it with it yet. but from using the looper rig in the past i know for a fact it would be better with them.

If any put this bait together and use it let me know how it works for you. cause im wondering how it also will work in others areas where they live.

2. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Haven't mixed any up yet ,hows it working out for you?
    Loop

3. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Sorry i have not check in sooner been trying to do as much fishing as i can. so far it has did right well on the eating size cats. so far i have got 4 nice eaters with it if i was to eat catfish.

4. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Sounds like you might be on to something, I've had store bought bait that didn't catch a thing.
    Loop

5. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Think im going to try it at afew other places around here also to see how it does. think im going to try it on into the cooler months. and see if the weather change plays any roll withit.

Seems as if any bait that has some nightcrawler init draws the fish right well i do not know if it's the stuff that night crawlers get in them from the soil they are in or what. but so far still getting good hit's onit got 2 more eaters size earlyer tonight onit. thinking about adding in alittle shad oil to see how that plays a roll.

Glad to see ya doing ok loop.