Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

DOES YOUR FISHEN BUDDY SINK OR SWIM???

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  SkiMax 
#1 ·
well I seem to have this problem with my fishen buddy,he somehow someway seems to find himself in the lake every now and then.One time i damn near had to go in after him,let me tell you how it went.We were fishen at a little private no name lake that we call bullfrog lake, it was a cold early spring morning and the sun was starten to show BIGCATFISH64 and i were throwen some lures around.I decided to fish the other side of the entery channel so i got to walken all the way around and met up with him on the opposite side of the concrete slope. I had the plastics and he needed one so i threw them to him...one of the best juggling acts i've ever seen and wich i thought was a grand finnaly he dropped them down the slope and into the water.as he climed down the slope next to the water he slipped... into the water he went BIGCATFISH64 might tell you he can swim but ask him if he can swim with thermals, 2 shirts,a flannel, levis and combat boots,HE SUNK AND HE SUNK FAST,me being a good friend and all i started laughen until he didnt come up,off went my jacket and up came doug ,crawlen up the shore.So does your fishen buddy sink or swim????
MY FISHEN BUDDY SINKS!!!!!

#7 ·
Well, I'm not sure about my buddy... But let me tell ya, I'll sink......:eek:oooh:

We were fishing up river one time on Buchanan.... Somehow, I fell out. I was treading water for dear life. I'd go under and come back up. I suppose it looked like a cork bobbing. Finally, my buddy hollered to stand up. I did and everything was fine. We were in about 3 or 4 feet of water.

#10 ·
Whiskers67 forgot to tell you all that there was a guy sitting on the bank about 5 feet from where I was drowning and did'nt react to a thing, I think if I did'nt make my way to shore he would'nt of did a thing, he just sat there no reaction nothing, he would just let me drown, man it really ticked me off at the time,:angry: if I would'nt have been freezing my butt off when I climbed out of the water, I would have kicked the guy right in the face!:eek:oooh:

#11 ·
I can understand how good swimmers drown. The shock of falling in and the weight of clothes and the unexpectedness of it all is humbling. I have tipped canoes and kayaks and lost my glasses and stumpjumpers e-cat. Glad to see you were able to self-rescue yourself, also nice to know your buddy was closeby. To heck with the unhelpful bystander. It might be him next time.

#16 ·
Whiskers67 forgot to tell you all that there was a guy sitting on the bank about 5 feet from where I was drowning and did'nt react to a thing, I think if I did'nt make my way to shore he would'nt of did a thing, he just sat there no reaction nothing, he would just let me drown, man it really ticked me off at the time,:angry: if I would'nt have been freezing my butt off when I climbed out of the water, I would have kicked the guy right in the face!:eek:oooh:
you know in my reply I said I would've liked to kick the guy in the face! I really dont' condone violence, this is for all you youngsters out there, so don't use this as an example on how to solve your problems:wink: Although some guys need a really good talkin' to if you know what I mean:wink: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 ·
Well for some reason it seems like I'm the one that has to sink or swim. I fish with a couple guys that are much bigger than me (i'm only 5'8'' 165 pounds). And my best fishing buddy is so clumsy. But I've fallen in twice, him none. The last time was in Janurary. We were crappie fishing a creek. We were both standing on the front deck and he hooked a nice fish. So I went to step back to give him room and stepped right off the boat. Busted skim ice as I went in. We were in about 10 feet of water and I swam the wrong way, all the way to bottom. He said it was the scariest 10 seconds of his life when I was outa sight. But I remember coming up, grabbing the boat and him just standing there with a crappie in his hand and his eyes the size of dinner plates. LOL He got his composure and pulled me aboard. Thank God my grandparents live right there, it woulda been a cold ride upriver!

So moral of the story, I swim. I swam competively for 13 years (still got my State Champion medal in the 100 back from when I was a kid) so I feel pretty confident in being able to help myself out...as long as I'm conscious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.