Does Tn have a 34" length law??

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by ShilohRed, Feb 17, 2007.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Was at the boat show in Jackson Tn today. And there was this Guide there, He has a Big cooler full of catfish. One flathead and rest Blues. And 5 or 6 people there talking to him about booking a trip. Well I just busted his bubble.
    AS there was a few on top that were 34" or better. I asked him if he was always legal? His answer was Why yes..
    Well that is when I got him good. With the people there looking at this fish.
    Told him he was not legal. AS there was more then one fish over 34" And Tn had a law that did not allow one to keep more then one per day.
    His smile left then.
    And his answer was well guess it does not count. AS TWRA has walked by here a few times and did not do anything about it.
    But the Customer's he may have gotten then had left.:big_smile:
    He acted at first that he did not know there was a law. Can you believe that.

Pete

2. dickieboy

dickieboy New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove, TN
    Yes, I can believe it. Several times in the past couple of years I have had both older and younger fishermen give me a couple of crappie that they didn't want to keep that were too short. I wait until they are out of site and either release them or dump them. What a waste. I can't believe you didn't rat on this guy. I know I would have made a bigger scene. The nerve of exploiting resources for gain and doing so against the law. LOUSY POS!

You must be over the flu to get out to the boat show. How was it? I quit going a couple of years ago because the guy who puts it on (Bob ?) is not one of my favorite people. I also never seen anything interesting for SERIOUS fishermen, like myself, haha.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

Jamie it was not worth being there for. Also looks like we both think of Bob the same way.
    And yes feeling better ,
    Pete

4. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Sounds kind of weird to have a big flattie that he caught on rod and reel with water so cold in first place. You would think those guides would be all for the law as it is but I guess not. What a scumbag.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Some people will do anything for a $$.
    Pete

6. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Good Job Pete. Glad to hear you said something about it. Its a shame a so called guide would do something like that.

7. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pete I also saw those fish and asked the same question. I also thought it was a shame. I wasn't really impressed either. If I do hire a guide it wont be him probably Phil.

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Did he act dumb of the law when you asked also?
    Pete

9. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    He just acted as if he was uncomforatable about it. No wonder.