Does the fall weather help?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TennesseeJugger, Sep 29, 2009.

1. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Does the fall weather or colder temps increase ones chances of catching cats?

2. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I'm no expert but they have got to feed up before it gets cold, plus there are fewer fishermen in the fall. Although I don't fish for blues, from what I've read they like it when the water cools off, I have had good luck the last 2 weekends on channels

3. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    from my experience, fish feed up in the fall, due to the bite being slower in the winter. Think of a squirrel stocking up for the winter. Or a bear eating before hybernation. Same concept. Weather permitting, the bite should be farely good. Its been pretty crappy around here due to a low pressure system and easternly winds.

4. festus

festus New Member

Does anyone on here have good luck fishing the warm water discharge from steam plants for catfish during cold weather? I read somewhere the other day that the water temps immediately below Bull Run Steam Plant may be 15 degrees warmer than upstream. There's been some monster stripers, northern pike, and cats caught over there in the dead of winter.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Fall weather an a fish frenzy is on.

6. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think everyone nailed it..They'll be fattening up for the winter..Yes Festus I hear the same, a lot of fish congregate around the warmer waters of the steamplants..

7. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yep fall is the hottest time of the year, Les put it great.. " They fatten up for the winter." I think they are and will be caught more than average this year due to slow action the entire summer.:wink:

8. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i havent had any problem year round.i catch more in the winter than anytime.skips on the bottom and hold on cause its gonna break loose.

9. dthrasher

dthrasher New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I catch bigger fish in the fall. Dont know why, just do...