Does it matter to you where your fishing gear is manufactured?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by catfisherman369, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Yes

2. No

3. Dont matter as long as Im getting a deal .

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.

2. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    ouch very touchy subject there just about everything you look at is made in China,but I vote yes

3. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I try to buy american made unless I cant get it.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :angry:Yes it does but its hard to achieve greatness now....:angry:my faverote reel is made in chinee now!:angry:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    What is made in america as far as reels are concerned? LOL!

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes it matters. I want buy anything that is made or assembled in China. We need to put America first when we can.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I support American made when i can. Most of my reels, no all of them actually are made in different countries. Bout the only gear i know a man could get American made would be a cane pole he cut himself:confused2:.Cryin shame.

8. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Ardent reels are made in the USA. I'm pretty sure that Avet reels are too. That's about it though.

For all who say that they never buy fanything rom China, look at the tag on your PC and 95% of your electronics... 9 to 10 that it's made in China. I don't like it anymore than the rest of us, but we've been the source of our own ruin when it comes to overseas manufacturing. We want it NOW, we want it CHEAP, so now we get if from CHINA. :sad2:

9. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    We have met the enemy, and he is us. Our patriotism stops at our checkbooks.

Consumers are price-driven...always looking for the best deal. Well, all other factors being equal, the best deal comes from the guy with the lowest labor costs. That would be China.

10. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    wish i could find an american made baitrunner but that ain't happenin so i'm goin with who ever has the good deal, now i won't order anything from china or any other country but if i buy it at cabelas that helpin the economy

11. CatfishAngler25

CatfishAngler25 New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg,Kentucky
    I try to buy everything american made. try not to get anything made from china. the abu reels you have to watch and make sure they're not made form china. make sure they're sweden.

12. kyelkhunter3006

State:
    Ky
    If you read the boxes carefully, they're not always "Made in Sweden" anymore, they're "Assembled in Sweden" from parts manufactured in Taiwan and China.

The only difference now is that the person is Sweden is making a good wage putting the reels together, whereas the person is China who puts reels together more than likely isn't making anything near a decent wage (to us anyway).

13. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    ask flathead willie ill spend my whole income check on cheap stuff made in china .i dont really care aslong as i am getting a good product at a good price .if americans didnt make it .it will be onloaded shipped unpacked stacked bagged ect ect ect by americans here in america

14. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Not any more.
    After nearly 50 years of "Buy American" and corp America moving mfgr overseas I gave up.

Sorry to burst any bubbles but 50 years is a long time.

the best 2ya
    just

15. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    US if I can,
    But quality comes first, best bang for my bucks...:cool2:
    which im sad to say is not always from around here...
    Puddle

16. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I was going to say avet, i think the penn internationals still are, and i may be mistaken but pflueger was and hope still is made in ohio.

17. kyelkhunter3006

State:
    Ky
    Don't you have a Pflueger reel? What's it say on it?

18. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    :sad2: theres a sticker on the bottom of the reel seat that said made in china :sad2: the other pflueger has a rod clamp on it so i didnt take it off and check but it looked like it had the same sticker. Oh well still the best reel iv used.

19. kyelkhunter3006

State:
    Ky
    That's what I figured. Shakespeare, Pflueger, and Penn are all under the same parent company now. That's when some of the Penns' went to Chinese production. I'd bet that the new Shakespeare Arsenal reels and the Pflueger reels are the same reel with different labels on them. I'll be the first to admit it, I've had a lot of Shakespeare products, rods, reels, line, they only one I didn't like was Cajun Red line. All of the reels and rods I've had performed flawlessly. I can't say that about some of the other brands I've had.

20. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Alot of good products that used to be made in the USA....are now made in china. Thats a real shame. But with all of our unions and higher wages having to be paid out...it is cheaper for US companies to ship their parts over seas and have them assembled there and shipped back to the US. What a real mess this nation is in! I have given up on labels now and look for the best deal available. The most bang for my buck. Just like the US companies are doing. :wink: