Does Heat Affect Catfishing?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flathead22, Jul 19, 2006.

1. flathead22

flathead22 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I am going to Hartwell tonight and I wanted to know if this heat wave that we are having will affect catfishing. Can anyone offer me any advice?

2. etownred

etownred New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I always found that the hotter it gets during the day, the better the flatheads bite at night.

3. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I know that it is effecting how deep they are but not as much on how they are biting. I have been fishing keowee real hard lately and they have been moving into deeper water extremely fast! I'm not really sure what the flatheads will be doing on hartwell though? I would try to hit one of the river arm either seneca or keowee where the cool water is being pumped from the bottom of the lake!

4. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    The hotter during the day makes the flatties bite better at night for me. Just try to find the thermocline and fish around that depth. The water temp should be getting up around 90 by now.

5. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Don't know for sure how it affects the fish, but its about to kill me, 104* right now, 91* at 10 PM last night, the weatherman says its going to break this weekend and by Saturday the high will only get to 90* with a low of 67*, they keep talk'n that way and I'll be fish'n again.

6. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    It will just affect the depth of water that they are in, the hotter/Colder the deeper.

7. Catman

Catman New Member

State:
    Randolph, Nebraska
    Water temp will effect catfish, air temp will effect catfishermen.