Does Anyone Watch Animal Planet?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfish_Commando, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Have you ever watched the pets they pull from houses?

Makes me want Congress to enact a law, whereby people have to pass a test to own a pet.

Question(s) Asked:

What do you feed a dog?

If a Dog(s) skin is melted off, what do you do?

Do you have money to feed an animal?

-------------------------------------------------

I would like to slap some of those people. The worst I saw was a bridle that was put on a small horse, and as the horse grew, the bridle grew into the skull.

People amaze me :eek:oooh:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I love animals, " more than most people" And I cant stand to see them treated that way..I have tried to watch that show, but it hurts to bad so I turn it off.

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes I just saw some of the ones from detroit this past week. I almost always end up mad when viewing ...I tell you...I have been in war with people that cared more than some of those pet owners... some peoples kid are not real smart and just heartless.

In war when needed I could shoot a man in the head and stop for lunch but I could never sit down at the supper table with a starving dog tied up in the back yard...

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I watch animal planet but almost always end up mad at the idiots that own and neglect the animals. You can bet my dogs are fed and have yearly and as needed trips to the vet. Its one thing if no one in the ouse is eating but to just neglet any animal whether by food are health care is just wrong. Stiffer fines need to be handed down for neglet and fighting dogs should carry a mandtory jail term.

5. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    yeah i watch it. and some if the crap they find is outragous i agree with the pet test. man i tell ya some folks don't have the common sense of a bag of hammers

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    bag of hammers
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like that...kind like a box of rocks...LOL

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Feeding an animal is cheap in comparison to a human. All it takes is a little bit of our time, and a little money. Pet food is and was developed to insure a healthy pet. Our food isn't, just look what it does to us.

It's the vet that will cost periodicly, and if you can't afford that bill when needed. You can't afford the animal you think your caring for, and keeping parasites off your animals can be an extra added expense. Unless of course you don't mind living with fleas.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I've watched it and like you it makes me mad the way animals are treated. I'd love to do some of those owners the same way that they do thier pets. In St.Louis at the animal shelter if you go in to adopt a pet ,they screen you first.Kind of like a back ground check.Which I think is a darn good idea. I like the idea of the testing of possible pet owners.

9. I think that screening should be the same degree as a test for a government job. If that happened I bet more people would take care of the animals a lot better and actually have the finances and common sense to support having one. And yes, I watch animal planet a lot.

10. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    I do watch and get so mad that i cant even express my thoughts on it! this would have been good in the hi

11. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    the town i work in has so many neglegent people that supposedly own pets its beyond belief.

i think what happens is they get a CUTE puppy that grows into a larger
    than anticipated animal or they are just plain lazy ,either way the dog ends up on the street .
    and into peoples trash and breeding all the other OUTSIDE FREEROAMING
    dogs and then you have the epidemic of mangey mongrels running the streets in packs.
    its sickening to see a bald dog with small tufts of hair in all the few spots it
    cant reach to scratch. ribs sticking out gimping around on 3 feet useable
    i swear this town has more hobbleing dogs than i have ever seen in my life
    i dont know if people try and run them over and catch a leg or they are shot at or maybe get a needle glass thorn or something in there paws
    but its a daily sight in this town.
    then you have people that throw their scrap food out for them so this just encourages the roaming animals.

those shows sure can make a person upset .im courious as to how many undesireable pet owners that have seen these episodes actually care or change their practices due to seeing how others feel or not?

12. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I watch it a lot and it never ceases to amaze me at the ignorance of some people. I see that kind of crap around here too though. We had a guy that passed away a month or so ago no family police were called in becasue of the stench from his house they went in found him dead of natural causes age they estimated at 90 and 14 dogs unknown amount of cats all dead locked in the house died of heat and dehydration.

13. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Copy , Clear on these people .

14. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I've had to quit watching the program. It's way to depressing to see how some people can treat any animal. However, it's great to see that there are, in some cities, people that care enough to do something about it.

15. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes I watch it,and some of the stuff just breaks my heart. Why are people so cold and heartless?-----------pk powell:sad2:

16. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    we dont have access to it, but when we do, I find that I can't watch it. The sho just sickens me. I would really like to see mandatory jail time for those jerks, and not short timin the city or county lock up either! Treat them the way they treated those poor critters, after all, God made those dogs & cats to be our companions, not to be abused & thrown away! We have 1 cat. & we love her as much as we do our 2 daughters. She's a family member!
    Lisa

17. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I watch a fair bit of animal cops. How dumb some people are is crazy. The worst is either when people use animals to fight each other or when they are neglected horribly. then of course nobody wants to claim ownership of the animals and a lot of the poor things end up getting out down.