Does anyone use a pinnacle powertip pro rod?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by kycatman01, Jun 28, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i just wondered if anyone uses or has used a pinnacle powertip pro rod. i just purchased one. it is a very nice looking rod but how does it perform.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have the 12 foot version for long casting freshwater and saltwater and it has impressed me. I use it mainly for bank and surf fishing and wouldn't recommend using out of a small boat it gets cumbersome and eats up a lot of room IMO. Mine has a Diawa Sealine 5050 reel on it and it has hauled in some very nice fish in both salt and fresh water.

3. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i fish from the bank. i don't have a boat. the one i bought was 9' spinning rod. i hope to have some luck with mine too. thanks for the response!

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got one the day before fathers day. My son caught his 1st channel w/ it & my wife caught her 1st Flathead w/ it. The Flathead was aprox 20#'s. The rod was the 7 footer, 1/2-2oz weight. I am very impressed so far.

5. FATBOY DAN

FATBOY DAN New Member

State:
    West T= IN.
    idk yet, but they just sent me a shit load of them rods from small to big boys rods. seam they got a great back bone & seams to me they are ugly sticks with a diff name on them ??

6. hnterrcc1951

hnterrcc1951 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i have 6 9ft. spinning rods, this is the 5th season with them. i had to replace 2 tips(inserts fell out)very dur. lots of backbone,and good warr. mh action nice balance,if they had ss eyes they would be perfect.(my opinion) hnterrcc1951