Does Anyone Throw Pigs?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathead willie, Mar 24, 2009.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'll admit it. I'm a pig thrower! It all started back in 1975, when I was going to college in Atlanta. I was outside sitting by a tree on campus, trying to study. The constant hollering and laughing from three people at the next tree made it almost impossible. I got up and wandered over there to see what was going on. It turned out they were throwing pigs! It looked like fun, so i asked if I could try it. Someone passed me the pigs, and with just one throw, I was hooked! The game is called different things, Pigmania, Pass The Pigs, etc.
    Withing the next few years, almost everyone I knew had their own set of throwing pigs, and all sorts of personalized pig carrying cases.
    I was just sitting here, 34 years later, still throwing pigs. I was just wondering if it's just a bad case of Oldtimers disease, or is there anyone else out there that has, or is, throwing pigs???

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Billie, you think to much.

Not that I would know what that was like.:wink:

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Can you post a picture? I've never heard of throwing a pig. The onlys pigs I ever had anything to do with had 4 legs and taste good any way you cook them.

4. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I've thrown pieces of pigs.... mostly ribs and hams. I throw em on the grill or pit. :eek:oooh:

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My daughter in law got me to throw a pig or two, Now don't get excited the whole family was there watching.:crazy: The only problem I had was knowing when to quit! We don't have pigs here at home, but I still get a work out when we visit.:wink:

6. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Here is a link. Scroll down and you'll see the pigs. They are the same little rubber pigs that used to come with the farm set some of us had as kids. You roll them like dice and get points for the different ways they land. It's a lot of fun, and you can carry them anywhere.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2593

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I got to get one:smile2: My wife hates pigs, this is the game for camping.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Sounds like an interesting game Brother:wink:

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I can't remember who won the last championship, but the distance was 4 yards, 3 ft, & 12 inches even.

I tried looking it up but couldn't find much info. Probably because the season doesn't start till after March.

10. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    lol Billie, When I first seen this post I thought now this is a man that has to be on PETA's top 10 most wanted list. Thanks for sharing. I will have to give it a try.

11. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    a first for me,i never seen that before.

12. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    It's a ball! You keep throwing the pigs until you "pig out", (when one lands on one side and the other lands on it's opposite side), or until you "make bacon", (when the pigs land touching each other), then the next person throws the pigs. You get different points for a "hoofer", a "snouter", a "razorback", a "leaning snouter", etc. We usually play to 100, then start a new game.

13. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    We used to play that all the time in OIF I!!!!! Great way to pass the time!

14. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Tom,
    Wouldn't 4 yards, 3 ft & 12 inches be 5 yards, &12 inches:roll_eyes:?

You guys are weird. I looked at the site and it said:-

Gameplay
    This game is 100% dice based. A players turn consists of rolling the pig-dice and deciding how far to push their luck. There is no strategy, no tactical decision making and no real brain power required to play this game.

Then I understood the appeal:wink:

You guys need to go fishin'
    ...W

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
  16. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Looks like fun,:smile2::smile2: I just might give it a try.

17. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Oh but W, it is quite amusing to watch the "gamblers" among the game players push their luck by continuing to throw......then get all huffy and puffy when they lose their ENTIRE score. :wink:

I LOVE "Pass the Pigs" Billie. My mom bought me the game as a birthday present, oh, I guess about ten years ago. I immediately became addicted, as well as my whole group of friends. We played so much we wore the spots off the sides of my first set. :smile2:

One day I was in a local drugstore and saw the game in a clearance bin. I grabbed it and ran for the checkout counter.

My pigs have been to many friends' homes, out on the lake, camping several times, and are even played with WHILE traveling in a vehicle. I take some sort of tray or laptop writing desk in order to have a flat surface.

As a matter of fact, when playing the game at home we usually employ some sort of large tray with sides to throw 'em on. MAN those little piggies are BOUNCY! If you aren't careful your game playing will become a hog hunt.

Thanks for the post. Now the rest of y'all who don't know the joys of throwing pigs, you better run out and get ya a pair! :cool2:

18. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    How do we get into these discussions anyway? What great fun we have here on the board....a great community of like-minded people.

19. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i aint never heard of this game

20. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    naw i dont throw them i eat most pigs i come across:wink: