Does anyone think that a big boom in prices will occur like the '70's?

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by channelcat_tracker, May 10, 2006.

1. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm not fully used to this website but heres my first thread. Does anyone think that the coyote and fox and muskrat prices will rise up. Fur Fish and Game says that the prices are rising significantly and that it will be a good year this year. But I have been told that the prices rise when all the buyers sell all of their pelts and they want more. But I dont take any of my furs to auctions either. So another question is is that should i just get rid of my pelts to buyers or go to the auctions in Canada? Thank you for looking at this post.

2. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Market looks strong, but their is guarente, as far as sell your furs, usually auction, may bring more, but you have no control of your fur, they can do what they want. selling your furs yourself you can yes or no, if you want and you can, walk away with your furs or money the big auction it may take a while to get your money.

3. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    depends! is there a market anymore? when coat manufacturers and other buyers start using more wild fur than synthetic and caged fur then the price will go up.