Does anyone smash bank sinkers into no-roll sinkers?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TA2D, Mar 17, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I bought some 2oz. bank sinkers from wally-world and when I got home, I smashed them flat with a hammer so that they would be a no-roll sinker. I think that this should work out good for me, just curious if anyone else did this?

TA2D

Aaron

2. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I was at wally world the other night looking for no-rolls, I couldn't find any so I bought some of the 2oz sinkers. Thats a good ideal I think I'll try that.

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I hammered mine down to about 1/4-3/8 inch thick.

TA2D

Aaron

4. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Ive done this same thing with their egg sinkers. I had to find a nice piece of something to put in the hole so it wouldnt smash it though, and that was a chore in itself :rolleyes: They ended up working just fine for what I used them for. No real difference from the real no rolls that I could see.

5. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    I second that, I just bought about 12lbs worth of no rolls of different weights from them.

6. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I make a drift rig with a clothes hanger & no rolls that I pour. the clothes hanger fits nicely.

7. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    It sounds to me like it shoild work out real nice for ya. You might even try some tire weights smashed down they make good sinkers also

8. andi1950

andi1950 New Member

State:
    Belton, Texas
    Hey Travis,
    You could just smash the hound out of 'em and redrill the hole. That way you could make sure the hole is smooth.

jerry

9. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Hey, ya know, that isnt too bad of an idea. I hadn't thought about that. Thanks for the tip :)

10. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive tried to drill some holes in lead & its tough to do the lead builds up on the drill & causes more heat. Good Luck & be careful lock that lead in a vice.

11. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    I've done it before and used a paneling nail to put in the hole before hammering it. The paneling nail also has grooves around it that you can use to file the openings on each end to make them smooth again. You don't want to knick up your line with jagged pieces of lead around the holes. It worked pretty good.
    Rat