Does anyone Noodle for Catfish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by rednecksportsman511, Jan 25, 2006.

1. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    I've always been fascinated by noodling, I just dont think i have the guts to stick my hand in a hole underwater and not know whats on the other end:p
    The cat in my avatar i just found and picked up-long story and involves me fainting:sick-big: -but thats the closest I'll ever get to noodling. I was just wondering-do we have anyone who does noodle or has noodled? I sure would like to hear some of the stories-"well, one time i noodled a snappin turtle..." :grin-big:

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Not me brother im to chicken for that.Im like you i cant see myself sticking my hand in a hole hoping a catfish is there and not a snake.Im not really sure i want a big flathead chomping down on my hand either.But im facinated and love to watch folks who do that,as for myself ill stick with my rods and reels.

3. osageCo_flathead

osageCo_flathead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I noodle some and have a bro inlaw that is obsessed with it. I don't normally put my hand in the hole first...I put a stick in and feel around with it. A Flathead will normally hit the stick or you can sort of move them around with it. If you have an air tank you can legally noodle with a hook in OK. When I was a youngster I noodled with a stick that had a hook tied onto the end of it and cheated a little. I no longer do that sort of stuff because for one it's not legal (big fine) and another it makes it a little hard to release the fish if you don't want it due to size or whatever. Also I'm a dad and uncle now and try to set a good example for the little ones.

4. slhamm

slhamm New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I wouldn't do that for no amount of money. Personally i fell you havta be a little touched to walk around in waste deep muddy water along the bank sticking your arm up to your pits back into holes. I have a lot of respect for someone who can do it.

5. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I agree. The only kind of noodling I would do is if it was presented on a plate in front of me at a table with sauce on it. LOL My dad used to do that on the Missouri river when he was a kid. He would tell some interesting stories of reaching under the bank and pulling out some turtles and big fish.

6. osageCo_flathead

osageCo_flathead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The places we noodle are rocky and fairley clear water. The closer you get to the bank the better chance you have of meeting up with a cotton mouth.

7. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    im gonna try and noodle a wels from the ebro this year!

8. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    you're crazy! i wish i could fish wells- ive seen those monsters!

9. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    noodle for wells??? Man that would be alittle too scary for me, i can make him mad then it might be big enough to put a hurten on ya

10. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    noodling,I dont think so.I like to keep all the fingers I have.

11. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    knowing my luck i would go noodling and i would stiuck my hand in the hole then instead of a catfish it would be a snapping turtle biting my hand

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like to see what I'm messing with

13. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i agree i cant see myself grabbing something i cant see

14. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    i have watched noodling on tv a few times and i have no desire to go underwater looking for a fish.that's why i have a rod,reel and bait

15. NoodlingOkie

NoodlingOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Been doing it for 5 years and love it!