Does anyone know when catfish go on the nest in Kentucky?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by kycatman01, May 25, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    does anyone know when catfish go on the nest in kentucky? i would appreciate the info.

2. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I read in a magazine article that the water temp. has to be well into the 70's before cats start to spawn.

3. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Jackie, I have been catching quite a few channels in spawning colors lately. I haven't seen a lot of scars and ground down teeth though, so it is doubtful that they have started nesting. Also the water temps have been abnormally low. I would think that they will start making nests in the next couple of weeks, but not actually spawn for three to four weeks. Vern

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    From what I have read,it will be on June 2,at 3;12 a.m.,thats what the farmers almanac said,and other web sites

5. cornbreadnky

cornbreadnky New Member

State:
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky
    as of thursday i have seen that the river cats are starting there spawn and are getting a lil harder to catch up around hardin co. a friend of mine had some in his tank and when he removed them he found alot of eggs in the tank.. this is just what i have seen--- have a great day and be safe

6. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    I havent caught any scarred cats yet but they have been hard to catch the last few times Ive fished.

7. Big Country

Big Country New Member

State:
    Union County, Kentucky
    the channels have been on the spawn for a couple of weeks now ive been catching the fire out of them on the canal in between KY and Barkley lakes on slip corks