Does anyone know of any good places in central ohio

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by truckin4x4, Aug 9, 2006.

1. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    i need to find a good place here in centrel ohio for cat fishing from the bank. i live close to columbus. if you do let me know please. Thanks

2. cashcobra

cashcobra New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Buckeye lake is known to have some good spots. Picnic Point and Leibes Island are both good. Although I have done better at the point this year than Leibes Island

3. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    indian lake is about an hour west of columbus just on the other side of bellefontaine. it has tons of places to fish from the bank.alot of spots have light poles so you dont even need a lantern.dont plan on catching monsters though. but in the right spot you can catch alot of 2-3-4-5 pounders. my biggest out of that lake is a 10 pound channel.hopes this helps if want more info let me know

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    You have lots of places. Alum Creek lake, Buckeye lake, Hoover Res., Deer Creek. Just drop me a pm and we could meet up and show you some places.

5. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    The point off oxbow road at hoover I see an older black guy there 3 to 4 times a week. he always catches at least 5 fish, and sometimes there are some good ones. he uses night crawlers almost exclusively. i have caught a few there on crawlers, but you have to really set the hook with them. I also get nailed off that point on that blood shrimp like I brought last time we went out. Just go get a bag of shrimp and toss the livers in it and shake it up, hell toss some garlic powder in there too. That is what i almost lost my pole on out there. Only other thing I can suggest is to hop in with me. i boat right off that point about 600 yards straight out and fish the channel under the lake. Anytime you wanna go my friend the door is open

6. BowtechTomkat

BowtechTomkat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have heard the catfishing can be real good there. I havent tried just for cats yet but have for panfish and saugeye and have caught a good amount of cats when i wasnt even targeting them.