Does anyone know how to shrink a photo for the BOC?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Shad Man, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Does anyone know how to shrink a photo for posting on the BOC? I usually have to paste i into paint and then upload that file because the files from my camera are always too big. I know there has to be an easier way.

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ill shoot ya P.M. , I jus learned myself, lol.

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Nevermind here it is, www.irfanview.com . I got it from Eithene, so I thought I would help someone else, like she helped me. Good luck.

4. ks-limb-liner

ks-limb-liner New Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Here's what I do, open up your explore, find the file at you saved your picture in, then just drag and drop it into an e-mail, it'll ask you if you want it resized, it the "yes" button, then just email it to yourself, save it the same except maybe add number 2 to the end of the name you gave it, so you can tell them apart.
    If your still having a problem send me a PM. be Glad to try and help you.

5. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    I use GIMP image editor; it's free, it's powerful, and you can download it here: http://gimp.org

I open the image I want to edit, then use the rectangle select tool to select what part of the image I want to keep. I click image> crop to selection.

Then I click image > scale image, then enter "200" in the box where the largest number is. Save image in a folder on your pc and then upload.

6. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Thanks for all the help guys. Now I need to go out and catch some fish to try it out.

7. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    testing it out

Attached Files:

8. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    ok I got it. Thanks everyone.