Does anyone know any "DAM QUICK" reel knowledge

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by peewee williams, Mar 9, 2006.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I am doing my best to find out anything on DAM QUICK reels.The DAM QUICK POWER CHAMPION LDL-450 reel is the one that most interested in.I have the Cabelas info.Thanks.peewee-williams

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Peewee do a GOOGLE search as I did.There is a ton of info and history available on the sites that will come up including where to get spare parts etc.DAM has been around for ever and is still in business.My dad had DAM reels 50 years ago and pardon the pun they were damn good reels.Hope this helps.:)

3. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Peewee the only dams that I am familiar with are the old ones. Like Jim said they have been around forever. The old ones are on the lines of the mitchell 300. And damn good reels. Vern

4. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thank all for the help.With it I found it.peewee-williams

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Dam Quick Power Champion LDL Reel
    I seen these reels on sale at cabelas for 79.99 and thought they looked pretty slick, ajustable power handle, lever drag, 4 sealed ball bearings. has anybody tried one of these yet? The LDL430 might be my next new toy.

6. rwbrown1

rwbrown1 New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    I'm also interested in these reels. I am only familiar with the spinning reels that Quick used to make (a LONG time ago). The bail on the old spinning reels did not connect to both sides of the rotating spool. It looked like a pointed finger that had the nasty habit of stabbing ya if you were not careful. They were made in Germany and the machine work was beautiful. I's like to know if the new baitcasters are anywhere near as good as those spinning reels were.:big_smile:

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Peewee I have a Quick reel it is a spinning reel I bought it at cabelas in Karney Nebraska several years ago. It is one of my favorite. I think I paid around $80.00 Dollars for it. It was in the back room where all the discount stuff is, the regular price was I think if my memory serves me right was $179.00 Dollars. I dident know they still made them though sure would like to have another one! Bigcatman0816.:big_smile:

8. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Please keep it coming fellows.I enjoy reading about different equipment.Makes me wish that I had one.peewee-williams