Does anyone hunt with bow only?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by bnt55, Nov 24, 2009.

1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Just wondering if anyone on here is a bowhunter only? 90% of the time I will hunt with me bow even during gun season, but occasionally I will take my muzzleloader out for a hunt or two...I guess I just like the challenge of a bow hunt.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Love to Bow hunt but guess I still like to used the old shotgun to.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nope,I hunt rifle only almost,gotta have my shotgun for a few things.

4. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    i currently hunt with my bow 90% of the time also.but i think im gonna start bow hunting only.

5. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    have been for the last 8 yrs.last gun i hunted with was a 30/30.not huntin' this year nowhere to hunt.:angry:

6. Graham

Graham New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I shoot recurve for deer and shotgun for squirrel and birds.

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    If we are talking big game, then YES it's bow only for me. I use the shotgun, of course, for Pheasants and Quail hunting. Nothing quite like getting close and personal with the bow. I don't see a challenge in shooting animals at long range with rifles. But to each their own!!

8. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Yes I definately mean big game:smile2:.....I can't see myself hitting a duck doing a 40 mph flyby with a 100gr Muzzy!!

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I hunted with my Bear Grizzly recurve exclusively for several years. I retired it this year after, 34 years and 130 deer, however, we just sold a couple properties so I'm thinking about taking it out once more for a Canadian hunt. I've been on the computer all evening looking for some good hunts. I'd love to stick a big bear or a moose.

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Well. I've seen guys take Pheasants, Ducks, Geese and little critters with the bow. So it can be done. Just have to practice!!:wink:

11. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yea, I watched Tred Barta hunt Geese with a bow. I'll stick with the shotgun, thank you.

12. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Tred Barta makes me laugh!:smile2: Watching him miss more game than he kills, I guess he is doing it the hard way!! Your the man Barta!! ROTFLMAO!!:smile2::tounge_out::roll_eyes:

13. crane

crane New Member

State:
    Paragould, AR
    I've been bow only for about 20 years now. Just isn't much sport it shootin deer with a gun, not quite as up close and personal for me!!:big_smile:

14. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Thats my thoughts exactly:wink:

15. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I only bow hunt, even in rifle season if I don't tag a buck before then. I like the challenge. Chris

16. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I just love to hunt with a bow. My brother hasn't rifle hunted in 10 years. Me on the other hand, I just can't give the rifle up. I just love rifle season, it is like Christmas, and 4th of july all rolled up in one

17. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just started hunting 2 years ago. With a bow..Just bagged my first..I have no desire to use anything but a bow..Maybe I will change in the future years,but I doubt it! :curl-lip: