Does anyone hunt Geese?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by ASASIN, Jan 2, 2006.

1. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Anyone around the country chasing any geese? My brother and I took a friend and his boy out and his son is 7 and got to kill his first canada goose. Talk about excited. His boy said he was a bad luck charm for his dad, everytime they hunt anything they come home empty handed. Not this time, though. Made my day. The canadas are here in Missouri in record high numbers. God bless.

2. dan 1989

dan 1989 New Member

State:
    oquawka ILL
    people done good in ill closed the season a month early

3. whisker

whisker New Member

State:
    N.E. Nebrasky
    Not too great in n.e. Nebrasky.. :sad: Only a couple weeks of decent field hunting. That blizzard and big freeze we had around Thanksgiving pushed everything out of here quick! Plenty of ditch parrots to keep us busy tho'! Conservation season mass mayhem on the snow geese from Feb. till April,....should be some serious carnage going on then! :thumbsup:

4. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Just been hitting farm ponds and have got a few canadas and ducks. Been kind of a warm winter so far and havent the numbers this year.

5. djlabs

djlabs New Member

State:
    MO.
    we've had a rough season but it was all better today - had a nice group of Specklebelly's come in and all of us were able to shoot one!

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    man i wish someone would do something about the geese in ohio! we are infested with them! droppings everywhere, living in peoples yard ponds, feathers all over the place etc. a seriouse heath issue if that bird flu gets over here. the idiots running this state seem to think netting them and relocating them is the solution. just gonna fly right back.

7. GrainDrain

GrainDrain New Member

State:
    Texas
    I live in the Pan Handle of Texas, where all the geese end their journey. The weather has been horrible for geese this year, way too hot and way too dry. The outfitter have all the land leased and trying to hunt the good fields is almost impossible. This is only my second year of hunting and N2Ducks will tell you of the awsome fields that we hunted this year. Just kind of wished i had more time to hunt one of the smartest birds ever, I really wish Lubbock had the same amout of pheasant and quail as we did Canadians.

8. N2Ducks

N2Ducks New Member

State:
    Texas
    Oh yeah the ducks and geese were in huge numbers up north. Especially in Ohio and Missouri, y'all had all the weather we usually have down south so the birds didn't even want to come down. However, the central flyway down around Texas was great for the ducks and geese that come from the Rockies. I wish we had more rain though. It's great to here that your buddy's son got to enjoy hunting some Canadas. It's great to see little kids eyes light up when a big group of geese are cupped and committed. dinkbuster1 maybe I'll bring a group of guys up to Ohio and get rid of that infestation of geese y'all have. Sounds like heaven to me!!

9. duck_killr

duck_killr New Member

State:
    il
    They Screwed Us In The Centarl Zone In Illinois Closing It A Month Early. I Also Hunt Missouri And The Record Warm January Made That Tough. Still I Managed To Pound A Few. Ha Ha It Was Fun While It Lasted.

10. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i grew up near the coast in texas in rice farmin country. i just sat in my backyard in a lawn chair n waited for the geese to fly over from one rice field to the other. did that for doves too.