Does anyone have any advice on making pole holders for bank fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by truckin4x4, Aug 2, 2006.

1. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    sence i lost my pole last weekend i have been trying to figure out a way to make so pole holders

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rob, old buddy your in luck! Just go to our library, just above you, and you will find many good designs. take your pick or add your own.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

netman nailed it. there are great ideas for affordable rod holders in the library.

4. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    thanks jack for the help but were in the library is it under

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rods and holders. way down the list. lol

6. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Rob what ever you use concider an idea posted here not long a go the idea was by a brother who has passed on. Basicly it is a quick disconect laynard attached to the rod a snap link I think and that also attaches to rod holder. I have been working on something similar that attaches to the handlewith a velcro strap long enough to pickup the rod but wont let it go into the water felcro attachment lets you pul off for casting.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I simply use a 10 foot piece of poly rope with a hook on the end. Tie the other end to my chair. Can pick the pole up to set the hook (I don't use circle hooks - lol), can still haul off and throw it a country mile with the rope on it. Just gotta make sure you don't trip over the rope.

8. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    i made some good ones out of rebar, PVC, and hose clamps. posted under rod holders in the equipment area.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Just go up top Rob to the Library section, there are some good PVC ones.

10. hnterrcc1951

hnterrcc1951 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i just made 3 today,with pcv rebar and glue 10ft. 1 1/2dia. 3 offset fittings ,cant wait to try out in river!

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I think you actually need to provide more information. Rod holders made for sand will not necessarily work in rock. Rod holders mad for rocks will not necessarily work in sand. Rod holders made for a flat bank at the waters edge will not necessarily work on a bank sloping 45 degrees, while rod holders made for fishing on a slope may not work on a flat bank. If your fishing styles varies, then you may need several sets of rod holders for each different setting. If you can be more descriptive, I'm sure some of our brethern will have an opinion to share with you.

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Mine are pretty basic but work in all kinds of places. Working in food processing for years, I've had access to the scrap bin that is always full of stainless steel. I take about 8" of 1 1/2 stainless pipe and weld it to a piece of 5/16 stainless round stock 18"-24" and sharpen the end on the grinder. Just slip the handle of your rod in it and kick back. They are tuff and won't rust.They can be hammered into rocky ground,(bring the round stock out to the end of the pipe for a hammer surface) or just pushed into softer ground and adjusted to almost any angle you want. I put a bunji cord around my fishing bucket and slip them under that around the outside of the bucket and can easily carry 6-8 of them.
    Anyplace that works with stainless conveyors and such will have a scrap bin and will usually let you have whatever you need.